Menu

What's your favorite retro controller?

Home Forum Retro Gaming! What's your favorite retro controller?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jonathan Trussler 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Personally, I find the Saturn and Sega Genesis 6 button controllers to be the most comfortable out of the bunch. They’re just the perfect size and weight for extended gaming sessions.

As for the worst, I’d have to say the Jaguar and 3DO controllers by a long shot. The Jag pad is just cumbersome and has the most awkwardly shaped buttons. The 3DO one wouldn’t be half bad if you didn’t have to fucking daisy chain them together for multiplayer. Trip Hawkins, what the hell were you thinking?

syn
    Participant

Funny you mention the Jag controller as it’s my new favorite, lol.

I bought one modded for my Colecovision. It also works on the 2600, 7800, Atari and Commodore home computers.

It should be way more durable than the ones it will replace.

So the controller that was antiquated for its proper console, is actually the ugly duckling.

you like the Jaguar controller? You must have bigger hands than I do, because I feel like Donald Trump trying to wrap my minuscule mitts around that hunk of unkind plastic.

Cool to see you’ve been diving into Atari computers though. I’ve always wanted to check out the ST myself.

Mike Vito
    Participant

I’m also sticking to the Sega Saturn 6 button. I’m pretty fond of the Jaguar controller myself. Not sure why considering most of the buttons aren’t even utilized.

syn
    Participant

you like the Jaguar controller? You must have bigger hands than I do, because I feel like Donald Trump trying to wrap my minuscule mitts around that hunk of unkind plastic.

Cool to see you’ve been diving into Atari computers though. I’ve always wanted to check out the ST myself.

I really do like the Jag controller!

I had a 1200 bitd so I’m sticking with 8-bit. I’m either modding my 130xe or xegs and adding a couple SD goodies.

I’m gonna be totally unoriginal here and say the old Genesis/Mega Drive controller. Specifically the 6-button version. It was solid, thick, grippable, didn’t cause strain like the NES controllers did, and the buttons were super responsive.

There will never be a retro controller has beautifully designed and utterly wacky as the N64’s.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.