Menu

What Are You Currently Playing?

Home Forum Retro Gaming! What Are You Currently Playing?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by bowbit bowbit 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Kenny McKee

It’s a bit of a broad question, sure, but it’s always a fun one. So let’s hear it, people! What’s taking top priority on your gaming list right now?

As far as retro stuff goes, not a whole lot. I’ve been monkey around with Breakers on the Neo Geo for a few weeks now, but nothing serious. Also, I’m in the middle of Lunar: Eternal Blue on the Sega CD and Pier Solar on the Genesis, but I keep getting distracted with review work.

Eventually I’ll dive back into Eternal Blue, as it’s one of my absolute favorite RPGs of all time. I’ve got lots of great memories of powering through it as a kid, and then moving on to the Playstation version some years later.

Alex Lupella
    Participant

I’m usually in the middle of playing the games I’m supposed to be reviewing but there are tons of games I’ve been meaning to try and play through. I’ve been working on finishing Dragon Age: Origins for something like 20 years now. I started a new game of Paper Mario for N64 a few days back. Warlock of Firetop Mountain has been taking up my time and I absolutely love it.

I fired up some Clock Tower on the SNES last night after a friend gave me a fan-translated repro cart. I really can’t get over how terrifying it is considering the system it was built around.

Apart from that, I’ve been tied up with the usual review assignments, with a bit of Enemy Zero on the Saturn for good measure.

Always keep coming back to Project Zomboid. Trying to get my fisherwoman up to level 10 and store up enough food for the winter while dodging flesh-eating undead every step of the way!

hestar69
    Participant

Retro wise: I’ve been playing some super monkey ball,Crystalis and baseball stars on the NES
    Non retro: Battlefield 4 and some Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

pedro3845
    Participant

I just got done with a long replay of Red Dead Redemption (x360) since it was added to the backwards compatibility list for Xbox One. It seems like it actually runs a lot nicer and they may have fixed some of the annoying physics problems from the x360 version. Anyways that was fun and now I’m replaying me some Mercenaries 2 World in Flames on PS3. It’s such a great arcade-style playground, I love it still! Really reminds me of Just Cause in a lot of ways.

View post on imgur.com

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  pedro3845.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  pedro3845.

Retro wise: I’ve been playing some super monkey ball,Crystalis and baseball stars on the NES
    Non retro: Battlefield 4 and some Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

I see you’re really showing the NES some SNK love – very nice. It’s always cool to see more love for Crystallis. I spent a hell of a lot of time playing that game as a kid, and still feel it’s one of the better Zelda clones that made its way to the console. The Swamp and Dungeon music still gets stuck in my head from time to time.

Might have to toss that in the Retron and do some streaming this week. Thanks for the nostalgia trip. 😀

I just got done with a long replay of Red Dead Redemption (x360) since it was added to the backwards compatibility list for Xbox One. It seems like it actually runs a lot nicer and they may have fixed some of the annoying physics problems from the x360 version. Anyways that was fun and now I’m replaying me some Mercenaries 2 World in Flames on PS3. It’s such a great arcade-style playground, I love it still! Really reminds me of Just Cause in a lot of ways.

You know, as a huge fan of the original Mercenaries I’ve always wanted to play World in Flames, but it’s one of those games that just kind of slipped under the radar for me when it was released. Glad ot hear you’re enjoying it, I might have to pick it up sometime soon and set the world aflame!

BladeMaverick
    Participant

Uuuuuugh, now I need to redownload Origin to download Mercs 2. ;A;

People still use Origin? 😀 That has been my “Oh shit, EA is giving away a Command & Conquer bundle again” service for the past few years now.

BladeMaverick
    Participant

People still use Origin? 😀 That has been my “Oh shit, EA is giving away a Command & Conquer bundle again” service for the past few years now.

I haven’t used it in so long that my email was removed from my local college’s server that I had to contact EA to get my email changed.

And no. Only reason why I have an Origin account is for Mercs 2, and when they had a HumbleBundle for a gob load of games for $5. If Mercs 2 was on Steam, I’d drop and forget about Origin completely. Again. I actually forgot they existed until I saw this post on Mercs 2.

The package took a few weeks to get here, but now I finally have the chance to see what the fuss is all about. Target Earth was pretty awesome, and this spiritual successor looks like it hits all the right notes.

Has anyone else fired up Assault Suit Leynos yet?

pedro3845
    Participant

I played through it, it was very enjoyable and pretty hard at parts!! Downside is that it’s short, but there wasn’t anything new added so makes sense. It was worth it!

bowbit
    bowbit
    Participant

I got inspired by all of the Pokemon Go excitement and popped back in Pokemon Snap on N64… I remember being so disappointed when this game first came out, as it was not like Pokemon at all. I probably put a little more time into this game than I should have this week.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.