Menu

Post Your Favorite Classic Gaming Ads

Home Forum Retro Gaming! Post Your Favorite Classic Gaming Ads

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  derkasan 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ah, you have to love the 80’s and 90’s. Back in the early days of gaming, everything was so much simpler. Plumbers (logically) stomped the noggins of reptiles, hedgehogs ran with lighting speed through corkscrews to foil the machinations of mustachioed madmen, and games were pitched with fart-smelling scratch & sniff ads.

Yeah, the gaming’s nascent years were gnarly, and the advertisements certainly didn’t pull any punches, either. Let’s use this thread to share some of our favorite classic ads from gaming’s glory days.

Earthbound’s ad was an all-time classic, mixing advertising with a healthy assault on our olfactory organs, and the results were glorious.

SNK’s Neo Geo was meant to be geared towards an older crowd – due in no small part to its whopping $600 price tag, keeping it far away from the Christmas trees of your average gaming peon – and its advertisements were fittingly more mature. Scantily clad women and women is sexy lingerie and subtle dick jokes were the order of the day.

So, let’s see some of your favorites!

Funky dancing to Japanese rap music and a lesbian Zelda and link! Will always be a classic!

Funky dancing to Japanese rap music and a lesbian Zelda and link! Will always be a classic!

Oh man, I forgot about that gem! My wife and I used to love this one as well:

Nintendo’s early commercials were pure goddamn gold.

BladeMaverick
    Participant

A more modern commercial, but the song is stuck in my head. It’s so inappropriate for what was being portrayed, but hilarious.

A more modern commercial, but the song is stuck in my head. It’s so inappropriate for what was being portrayed, but hilarious.

I’m starting to think you might have an addiction. In any case, I think you’ve convinced me to dig my Xbox out of the closet and fire up the original tonight.

BladeMaverick
    Participant

Hey, I can’t help that they made a commercial that was clever enough to stick to me to buy the game and enjoyed it.

derkasan
    Participant

It’s all about that deathly serious Incredible Crisis ad:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.