Menu

Indie Horror you should play

Home Forum Video Games? Indie Horror you should play

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Delano Cuzzucoli Delano Cuzzucoli 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have a special place in my heart for indie horror games. Both the legit scary and the so-bad-they’re-almost-good variety. With October coming up I figured I’d see what free indie horror titles everyone thinks would be worth checking out.

I offer:

Notes of Obsession A surprisingly effective student game set in a modern Swedish house. Your only weapon? A music box.

Lost in Vivo This one is just a demo, but the concept is interesting enough to make it worth looking into. Your anxiety service dog got washed into the sewer and you have to go get them back. Too bad you have crippling claustrophobia and probably aren’t alone down there.

Beth Meadows
    Beth Meadows
    Participant

😀 Sorry I didn’t even see this! But all of those games are totally viable as indie horror games, and free to boot!

I’m such a fangirl for all of those titles…except for Cry of Fear. It scares the bejeesus out of me lol.

That’s one of those that I’ve so much about, but never worked up the guts to play.

Beth Meadows
    Beth Meadows
    Participant

I hear that. It’s terrifying, reminds me a lot of Silent Hill but a little more updated. Music is amazing too, which I’d never have expected from something that started as a mod. I’d recommend watching someone else play it. They experience the terror, you enjoy the narrative 🙂

Okay, I’ve been watching Let’s Plays for the new FNAF Sister Location. WTF is even going on here? It’s like Scott tried to appease the lore crowd, but forgot that the game mechanics were what made the first games fun. This looked like a slog.

Beth Meadows
    Beth Meadows
    Participant

I’ve only seen a little bit of gameplay of those from Markiplier, who, if I’m going to be honest, I watch half for gameplay and half for his reactions. That being said, I did note that as well. Doesn’t seem like a real FNAF game and that’s kind of sad. I wish the creator would try his hand at something different now instead of shelling out the same thing over and over again. I get the love of a money making tool, but at one point you have to have some creative dignity. At least that’s what I’d like to think.

Loved the list. Cry Of Fear is really a winner.

Another Source horror mod well worth playing is Grey. I loved some of the creature designs. But it’s not a standalone product. You need to install the Source SDK and download and extract the files yourself to play it.

Grey kids

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.