Menu

Hey Poor Player's Re-Launch Giveaway Contest [Ended]

Home Forum Video Games? Hey Poor Player's Re-Launch Giveaway Contest [Ended]

This topic contains 22 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  hestar69 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Hey, Poor Players!

Thanks for joining us on the Hey Poor Player forums as we re-launch our community. We’re excited to bring our forums back, and to celebrate the event we’ve partnered with our friends at Wonacott Communications to give away 6 copies of the just-released Worms: W.M.D. on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

If you’re interested in snagging a copy for yourself, here’s what you have to do to enter:

The Worms series has always been known for its penchant for over-the-top weapons. The games squiggly cast have crushed their annelid adversaries with a wide variety of zany tools of destruction over the years. From the Holy Hand Grenade to sheep launching cannons, there’s no shortage of ridiculous of hilarious ways to blow your enemies to wriggling bits. That said, we’d love to hear some of your ideas for weapons and power-ups you’d like to see introduced in the series – the more ridiculous the better!

Contest entrants are limited to one submission. Submissions are to be posted here in this thread, and can be done in either written posts or through illustrations. We encourage you to get creative, as the best entries will be selected at the end of the week. We’ll be handing out two copies of both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game. Users must include their platform of choice along with their submission.

[The contest will come to a close at 5PM EST on Monday, September 5th.]

If you miss out on this contest don’t be discouraged, as we’ll be giving out an additional copy of each for a raffle in the near future. The details of our giveaway raffle will be announced soon.

Good luck!

Dasturtle85
    Dasturtle85
    Participant

I’d be down for a ecto cooler plasma rifle. Nothing better than killing using your favorite drink from yesteryear. I’d love a copy for ps4

syn
    Participant

Angry Bird launcher it would tie in another popular franchise and make me…err them Oodles Of Money!

It would work as expected except you could feed it one or more worms for better results.

Xbox One

THE BIRD!

THE BIRD! is a powerful weapon found only in rare crates. It’s a special whistle that calls a hungry sparrow to swoop down from on high – snatching up any tasty worms it finds in its powerful beak. Of course, like so many Worms weapons: THE BIRD! can backfire on the user. This peckish avian does not discriminate one appetite-fulfilling annelid from another, and might very well gobble up nearby friendly worms if you don’t aim it just right!

Just an FYI for those concerned about “ethics in game journalism”: as a member of staff, I can’t actually win this contest. This entry is just for fun! 😛

derkasan
    Participant

What if you turned a blowfish into a weapon? There’s water in the games – you can send it along, and then it can jump up. The moment it expands, you’re done for.

If I win, I’ll take a PS4 copy please.

SockHead
    SockHead
    Participant

Because I really enjoy this idea of a weapon I think a Machine Gun that fires KNIVES instead of bullets would be INCREDIBLE for this game.
    Or a shot-gun that fires Nails.

Maybe a bit too twisted but
    ya know
    whatever.

Um, Xbox copy would be sick.

RetroGamerMeza
    RetroGamerMeza
    Participant

Worm of war

If earthworm jim can do it so can you!!! -Worms of war- PS4 copy thanks!!!

David Gunnels
    Participant

I don’t know about you guys, but I’d love a device that would force a feeling of existential dread on another worm, making it end itself with whatever weapon is handy.

And, like Jonathan, I am rightfully barred from this competition. So consider this a freebie.

JohnnySako
    Participant

Kurt Russell. Destroy the worms with awesomeness.

I have no preference. Either version is fine with me.

Thanks and good luck with the re-launch!

hestar69
    Participant

A Skin for the concrete donkey called the concrete booty..Since Kim Kardashians is a huge thing apparently and makes $$$ on anything she does or is in.Team 17 should sell a skin for the concrete donkey to make it Kim Kardashians booty that destroys everything as it flops down on the level! Of course making it PG-13ish so the game is still family friendly 🙂

I’d love to win a xbox or ps4 copy and prefer xbox.Tyvm for the chance! and if anyone else is in upper FL stay safe from this hurricane!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  hestar69.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  hestar69.

YeOldeGiraffe
    Participant

Good evening HPP,

I have been an avid WORMS fan since day 1 of its release many many moons ago. I always thought the series needed a Classic Horrow Movie Theme game mode. Each mode would have movie based themes along with its appropriate famous killer, along with unique weapon crates for the worms. The theme packs would include the following: a Series of 4 packs, with 2 famous killers in each add-in pack. These packs would also be complete with Stage rules, weapons, utility creates, and hazards.

Pack A would consist of the following:

Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge Theme

Stage – Bus teetering on large rock formations where worms were randomly places.
    Rules – A timer would be placed on above each worms, instead of taking a damage, once the counter reached zero, the worm would fall asleep resulting in a stage visit from Freddy Krueger. He would appear next round if the resulting worm wasn’t saved by a commrades perfect toss of a holy water balloon to protect the worm that’s alseep from certain death. If the balloon item was a botched attempt the worm asleep would be wiped out by Freddy’s 2D sprite.
    Last WORM standing and not sleeping is the WINNER. Freddy cannot be Killed on this stage.
    Weapon Crates (Small chance for Ultra Rare Item) – Freddy’s razor edged glove – When obtained any worm on the team may equip the glove and stab other worms in melee combat resulting in instant death.
    Utility Crates (Small chance for Ultra Rare Item) – Freddy’s sweater – Once equipped the designated worm may select an enemy worm to put asleep and either attack or wait for Freddy to kill.
    Utility Crates (Moderate chance for Ultra Rare Item – Holy water balloon – Additional projectile items to additional sleeping worms from Freddy. HWB’s are impacted by the wind to include resulting splash of water from exploding balloon.
    Hazards – As the round timer ticks down lava would rise from the bottom of the screen causing rock formations from the stage to sway and move worms slighty.

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives Theme

Stage – One cabin for each worm team on each sides of the map and located in the middle was Crystal Lake with a boat. Worms would be randomly placed on a sloped cabin roof angled for victims that were blown off or pushed to land in the lake.
    Rules – Worms would have concrete feet without the ability to move, unless through force of weapons or teleportation. Jason would be in Crystal Lake constanlty moving in a slow pace between player rounds awaiting to pull under and kill worm victims that blasted/pushed off into the water. Worms do not drown during this stage. The stage is not timed! Each team needs to get worms to land on the boat by being blown onto it from blasts, or luck. The worm has a chance to fire a looped chain and hit Jason in the water. If the worm succeeds, Jason will sink to the bottom and drown claiming that worms team VICTORIOUS!
    Weapon Crates – (Moderate chance for Ultra Rare Item) – Machette – This weapons can only be thrown and is severely impacted by wind! Worms that are hit with this weapon are killed immediately. The weapon can kill friendly worms and should be used with caution.
    Utility Crates – (Moderate chance for Ultra Rare Item) Couselor’s whistle – When activated by a worm, Jason would violently slam his hands in the lake, creating an earthquake effect for the opposing teams worms to fall off the slanted cabin roof.
    Hazards- Falling in the water, worms don’t drown, touching Jason is instant death.

Each quarter new Classic Movie Horror packs could be relesed to give players time to play other fans locally or all over the world.

Even if I don’t win, I really enjoyed thinking and invisioning this game mode themes as they sprung to life in my mind. My system of choice to play with my son would be XBOX1

Thanks & take care,
    YoG

Good evening HPP,

I have been an avid WORMS fan since day 1 of its release many many moons ago. I always thought the series needed a Classic Horrow Movie Theme game mode. Each mode would have movie based themes along with its appropriate famous killer, along with unique weapon crates for the worms. The theme packs would include the following: a Series of 4 packs, with 2 famous killers in each add-in pack. These packs would also be complete with Stage rules, weapons, utility creates, and hazards.

Pack A would consist of the following:

Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge Theme

Stage – Bus teetering on large rock formations where worms were randomly places.
    Rules – A timer would be placed on above each worms, instead of taking a damage, once the counter reached zero, the worm would fall asleep resulting in a stage visit from Freddy Krueger. He would appear next round if the resulting worm wasn’t saved by a commrades perfect toss of a holy water balloon to protect the worm that’s alseep from certain death. If the balloon item was a botched attempt the worm asleep would be wiped out by Freddy’s 2D sprite.
    Last WORM standing and not sleeping is the WINNER. Freddy cannot be Killed on this stage.
    Weapon Crates (Small chance for Ultra Rare Item) – Freddy’s razor edged glove – When obtained any worm on the team may equip the glove and stab other worms in melee combat resulting in instant death.
    Utility Crates (Small chance for Ultra Rare Item) – Freddy’s sweater – Once equipped the designated worm may select an enemy worm to put asleep and either attack or wait for Freddy to kill.
    Utility Crates (Moderate chance for Ultra Rare Item – Holy water balloon – Additional projectile items to additional sleeping worms from Freddy. HWB’s are impacted by the wind to include resulting splash of water from exploding balloon.
    Hazards – As the round timer ticks down lava would rise from the bottom of the screen causing rock formations from the stage to sway and move worms slighty.

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives Theme

Stage – One cabin for each worm team on each sides of the map and located in the middle was Crystal Lake with a boat. Worms would be randomly placed on a sloped cabin roof angled for victims that were blown off or pushed to land in the lake.
    Rules – Worms would have concrete feet without the ability to move, unless through force of weapons or teleportation. Jason would be in Crystal Lake constanlty moving in a slow pace between player rounds awaiting to pull under and kill worm victims that blasted/pushed off into the water. Worms do not drown during this stage. The stage is not timed! Each team needs to get worms to land on the boat by being blown onto it from blasts, or luck. The worm has a chance to fire a looped chain and hit Jason in the water. If the worm succeeds, Jason will sink to the bottom and drown claiming that worms team VICTORIOUS!
    Weapon Crates – (Moderate chance for Ultra Rare Item) – Machette – This weapons can only be thrown and is severely impacted by wind! Worms that are hit with this weapon are killed immediately. The weapon can kill friendly worms and should be used with caution.
    Utility Crates – (Moderate chance for Ultra Rare Item) Couselor’s whistle – When activated by a worm, Jason would violently slam his hands in the lake, creating an earthquake effect for the opposing teams worms to fall off the slanted cabin roof.
    Hazards- Falling in the water, worms don’t drown, touching Jason is instant death.

Each quarter new Classic Movie Horror packs could be relesed to give players time to play other fans locally or all over the world.

Even if I don’t win, I really enjoyed thinking and invisioning this game mode themes as they sprung to life in my mind.

Thanks & take care,
    YoG

Fantastic submission, YoG.

Really enjoyed reading both of those suggestions – I know I’d buy the Friday the 13th Pack in a heartbeat. 😀

Hope to see you around again.

As for everyone else, really solid entries so far. We’ll be announcing our winners tomorrow evening, so if you’ve yet to submit an entry be sure to do so before 5PM EST tomorrow!

Jesse Collins
    Participant

I’d want to add a Mech armor. It is very limited in capabilities as it’s a one time use. It lasts for 2 turns, and can jump much higher and shoots a machine gun spread or a heavy rocket. It adds an extra layer of protection to the worm inside it, but a well placed hard hit can kill the suit early.

Plus, I like to imagine the suit would resemble ED-209 from Robocop… But, I digress.

Xbox please.

The Lord of Awesome
    Participant

The series a special near fatal weapon. So what it should be is a throw-able device that calls in a air strike. But what gets dropped isn’t bombs, it’s something far worse. Something you wouldn’t wish to get dropped on your worst enemy. Something dark and miserable to go through and gives long term damage to anyone who is overexposed to it.

Youtube comments.

No matter how hard the victim worm tries to defend against the barrage of horrible insults, awful attempts at memes, and “first!”s, the shear amount of awful comments dropped on the worm can cause up to 80-90% of life lost. Due to this the weapon must have a narrow range. But just like in the real world, this is something most feared by many.

PS4 if I win

ThisIsMyUsername
    Participant

Have several round-ending doomsday devices named after various icons in the industry. Imagine the terror of “the EeAy” or “the Infynitee Wawrd” or my personal favorite “the YouBeSawft.” Drop one of those on the enemy and watch as your enemy is enveloped in a never-ending vortex of doom…an event horizon from which no good thing can ever escape.Game over, man. Game over.

PS4 please 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.