Menu

Guilty Pleasure Game

Home Forum Video Games? Guilty Pleasure Game

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by MiniMoo MiniMoo 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

David Gunnels
    Participant

Let’s discuss the games we’re not exactly proud to admit we love playing. Hopefully, by the end, we can learn to shed our shame.

I’ll start. I’m not one to play mindless space marine shooters. I did, however, have a pretty big Halo obsession for the first three titles. To the point where I even considered getting a tattoo of the Legendary difficulty symbol. You may not think this counts, but Halo absolutely does not appear on my list of favorite games, and it’s not because it isn’t one.

derkasan
    Participant

Don’t know if it’s a guilty pleasure or not since it’s actually a good game, but my friends and I always seem to come back to Def Jam: Fight for New York on the PS2. The wrestling is top notch, and some of the match types are great. Trying to damage cars, dodge subway trains, and throw down in power plants (all as Flava Flav or Snoop Dogg) is really fun.

I wish it got a sequel (ICON doesn’t count).

KrazyAzCracka
    KrazyAzCracka
    Participant

Actually, Def Jam Fight for NY was the sequel. The original was Def Jam Vendetta.

derkasan
    Participant

Actually, Def Jam Fight for NY was the sequel. The original was Def Jam Vendetta.

Vendetta was alright, but never really grabbed me. I’d love something that built on the over-the-top modes of Fight for NY.

Francis DiPersio
    Keymaster

Don’t judge me.

burtacamoose3
    burtacamoose3
    Participant

Two games come to mind. The first is a 90″s Genesis title called Skitchin.

Skitchin'

It was a rollerblading racing game centered around grabbing onto passing cars. I don’t even like rollerblading. But it was weirdly fun and it doesn’t really hold up by any standard.

The other game was Dark. It was, in every respect, the poorest cousin to Deus Ex. It failed in every respect from poor controls, terrible voice acting, bad cutscenes, and lackluster story… And yet 1000/1000 gamers score. It was a train wreck I couldn’t walk away from.

Ugh.

SockHead
    SockHead
    Participant

Any of the Call Of Duty games for me.
    I HATE playing them but I just can’t stop sometimes.

I’ll say right now it’s mostly because I get SUPER angry when I play them.
    That’s about 85% of why I find them a ‘guilty pleasure’.

Francis DiPersio
    Keymaster

Any of the Call Of Duty games for me.
    I HATE playing them but I just can’t stop sometimes.

I’ll say right now it’s mostly because I get SUPER angry when I play them.
    That’s about 85% of why I find them a ‘guilty pleasure’.

I can totally relate when it comes to Call of Duty. What drives me insane is when playing in the campaign and I’m getting hit from fifty different directions when I swear I’m in cover. It drives me up the walls.

I’m all for a good challenge, but few games test my patience in quite the way a CoD does.

hestar69
    Participant

DOA volleyball 3..don’t judge me,I like the volleyball 😛

BladeMaverick
    Participant

Receiver on Steam. I can never beat the game, but I keep playing to see how far I can get in a run. The amount of detail that’s put into the game that was only made in seven days that puts you into control of the majority of the mechanics of a gun in first person. In most games? Press R to reload.

Lol no.

Press E to pop out the magazine, press to put your gun away, press Z to load rounds into the magazine in hand, press to get your gun back, press Z to reload the magazine into the gun, and press R to pull back the slide to inject a round into the barrel. Doing all this while in the midst of only needing to take one hit and you’re dead.

I’ve been playing it more since I’ve got my external graphics setup running, and I hate myself for it because I hate the game but I keep coming back.

Oh, and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. Hey, it’s got a pretty good combat system. Boobs and butts come next.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  BladeMaverick.

Francis DiPersio
    Keymaster

Receiver on Steam. I can never beat the game, but I keep playing to see how far I can get in a run. The amount of detail that’s put into the game that was only made in seven days that puts you into control of the majority of the mechanics of a gun in first person. In most games? Press R to reload.

Lol no.

Press E to pop out the magazine, press to put your gun away, press Z to load rounds into the magazine in hand, press to get your gun back, press Z to reload the magazine into the gun, and press R to pull back the slide to inject a round into the barrel. Doing all this while in the midst of only needing to take one hit and you’re dead.

I’ve been playing it more since I’ve got my external graphics setup running, and I hate myself for it because I hate the game but I keep coming back.

Oh, and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. Hey, it’s got a pretty good combat system. Boobs and butts come next.

I can’t deny it – I’m a sucker for the Senran Kagura and Neptunia games as well. I’m not nuts for cheeky fan service, but as beat ’em ups and lighthearted RPGs both of those series are satisfying in their own ways.

On that note, gonna be picking up Valkyrie Drive when it releases next month? We’re anxiously awaiting our review code’s arrival next week.

Absolutely NSFW trailer warning:

BladeMaverick
    Participant

Lol no.

I can’t deny it – I’m a sucker for the Senran Kagura and Neptunia games as well. I’m not nuts for cheeky fan service, but as beat ’em ups and lighthearted RPGs both of those series are satisfying in their own ways.

On that note, gonna be picking up Valkyrie Drive when it releases next month? We’re anxiously awaiting our review code’s arrival next week.

Absolutely NSFW trailer warning:

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/MspXzSaj_bE” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

Eh. I’m kinda picky on what I play. If it pops up in a Humble sale or bundle, I might pick it up to mess around with. I still have several games on my list to actually finish and not dawdle around.

Delano Cuzzucoli
    Delano Cuzzucoli
    Keymaster

All the Painkiller games. Including the crappy entries like Overdose, Redemption, Resurrection, and Recurring Evil. They’re bad, and I acknowledge that, but they’re fabulous stress relief either way.

LazyDemoni
    Participant

The DOA series in general gets a bad rap, even the core franchise, which is a pity because it’s a brilliant fighting game. As for the Xtreme series, I applaud it for shamelessly being what it is.

Delano Cuzzucoli
    Delano Cuzzucoli
    Keymaster

Xtremely pretentious? 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.