Menu

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Home Forum Video Games? Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by burtacamoose3 burtacamoose3 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Considering how much hype the game garnered ahead of its release, I have to say things have been quieter than expected since Deus Ex: Mankind Divided rolled out last week. I’ve been sinking some time into this cyberpunk sequel to Adam Jensen’s Xbox 360, PS3, and PC outing over the past few days and I have to say, so far I’m not quite as impressed as I was hoping I’d be.

Not sure if it’s the clunky combat or the mediocre visuals, but it’s just not pulling me in the way the previous games did. As someone who has enjoyed the series since the original game landed on PC 16 years ago I’ve always been a sucker for the series. From the open-ended narrative, atmospheric cyberpunk setting to the variety of ways to approach any situation, it just checked all the boxes that make me go nuts for a game. I hate to say it, but so far Mankind Divided seems like it’s going to pale in comparison to its predecessor.

So, how are you guys enjoying it? Does the game manage to get better after you find your way out of Prague? Inquiring Augs needs answers.

burtacamoose3
    burtacamoose3
    Participant

I have zero disappointments apart from story length. The visuals are solid and I love me some cyborg stealth takedowns. Ending suggests more to come.

burtacamoose3
    burtacamoose3
    Participant

Just finished the DE:MD review on the site after an exhaustive analysis: http://www.heypoorplayer.com/2016/09/05/review-deus-ex-mankind-divided/. Had a blast. I think I’ll be replaying this and doing my customary achievement playthrough soon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.