Take to the High Seas With This Handy Guide to The Great Gathering Section of the Fleeting Colors in Flight Event
Greetings Travelers! Today we’ll be taking a look at The Great Gathering section of the Fleeting Colors in Flight event, heralding in the next year of wonderful festivities for the Lantern Rite Festival. To participate in this event, you’ll need to have reached Adventure Rank 28 and have done the quests “Chapter 1: Act III – A New Star Approaches” and “The Crane Returns on the Wind.” There are four main aspects to this big event, but this one, in particular, will take a look exclusively at The Great Gathering section.
This next section is a little more traditional, in that you’re going to the Guyun Stone Forest to vanquish a few enemies along the sea and land. To help with this, some Waverider Waypoints will be around the area so you can get around quicker on the sea. That said, don’t try wandering too far away with it, though. You’ll get sent back to the Stone Forest, and be cautious of shallow waters because you absolutely can get your Waverider stuck on the shoreline. Note that all of the Treasure Hoarders can increase their defense. You’ll need to snatch some Quelling Firecrackers to throw at them to do some AoE Pyro damage and take down their defensive buff.
There are a few different “missions” along this phase of the event. I’ll go over the gist of what you’ll need to do for these various scenarios.
- Interrogation by Night: Defeat Treasure Hoarders and recover supplies. Pretty self-explanatory; just keep in mind that defensive buff and look around for that box of firecrackers in the camp.
- Curio Salvage: Take Waverider to an area, defeat the enemies, and recover supplies. These supplies are just floating out in the ocean, but you’ll need to take care of nearby enemies before you can pick them up. Most of the enemies are pretty straightforward to kill, with the rafts from the Treasure Hoarders being surrounded by explosive barrels that will yeet them into the ocean blue if you set them off. If you encounter Specters, just blast them; they won’t last long against the Waverider’s cannons.
- Midpoint Interception: Take the Waverider to a Treasure Hoarder supply balloon and destroy it. You’ll spend the whole part of this mission in the Waverider, and be cautious of the barrels, so you blow them up when the balloon is over them.
- Return to Safe Harbor: Take the Waverider to defeat some Treasure Hoarders within a time limit, recover some materials, and transport them to a designated location. The key thing to keep in mind here is that there will be more enemies and supplies than you’ll actually need to complete this mission, so don’t worry if you miss an enemy or supply crate; there’ll be more. Once you get all you need, focus on blitzing through the rest of the way forward, and blow up any barricades in your way along the path ahead. The golden orbs along the path will refill your sprint so you can keep boosting in the Waverider.
- The Key Catch: Defeat Treasure Hoarders within a time limit. Keep in mind that the only thing this challenge wants dead is the Elite Treasure Hoarders (the ones with the red symbol above their heads). So don’t worry about the additional enemies. Just get some firecrackers and focus on the Elites.
The grand total of all the rewards for this section include 150 Primogems, 2700 Immaculate Talismans, 480000 Mora, 21 Hero’s Wit, 30 Mystic Enhancement Ores, and the recipe for an ATK Boosting dish called Bountiful Year.
Immaculate Talismans are also used in Stage 2 of the Afterglow Market event shop, containing nine exclusive furniture pieces for the Serenetea Pot.
Need a hand with one of the other sections for the Fleeting Colors In Flight event? Check them out here:
Until next time, stay tuned for more news and guides for Genshin Impact!