A Game for Every ‘Body’
Today marks great news for fans of Drinkbox Studios. You may be familiar with them thanks to their well received Guacamelee games. But later this month they’re taking a try on a different genre with Nobody Saves the World. It’s coming to Windows 10, Steam and Xbox consoles, including Xbox One and Series X|S, on January 18th.
What is Nobody Saves the World, you ask? Here’s a quick clarification:
About Nobody Saves the World
Transform from a featureless nobody into a SLUG, a GHOST, a DRAGON, and MORE in this new take on Action RPGs from the creators of Guacamelee!
Complete quests to discover and swap between 15+ varied and distinct Forms. Mix and match abilities in unexpected ways to unlock and complete even MORE challenging quests. Explore a vast overworld – on your own or with a friend online – while clearing shape-shifting dungeons in an effort to stop The Calamity and SAVE THE WORLD!
- Transform into MANY FORMS: Unlock 15+ distinct Forms, from Rat to Rogue to Robot, each with its own unique gameplay mechanics.
- Mix & Match ABILITIES: Combine over 80 Form abilities to create powerful customized builds. Play as an Egg that can leave a trail of slime and shoot fireballs!!! We can’t stop you!
- Unconventional QUESTS: Help the strange inhabitants of this world deal with their troubles. Each Form also has its own set of quests, which you can complete in creative ways.
- Online Co-op: Invite a friend to play through all, or part, of your adventure together.
- Awesome Soundtrack: New original music by acclaimed composer Jim Guthrie.
It certainly sounds like a unique premise. Coupled with colorful artwork and a catchy soundtrack, Nobody Saves the World could be a great new adventure. Be sure and check out the trailer below, and stay tuned to HPP for more news from the folks at Drinkbox Studios!