Explore Terragaya in Souldiers
I love the chance to cover a new Metroidvania, especially when it’s as pretty as Souldiers. Developed as the debut title for Retro Forge Games, and set to be published by Dear Villagers, Souldiers is a Metroidvania that evokes the best of the genre. Not only does it include delicious SNES styled graphics and lush colors, but it also has a unique hook. In Souldiers you can play the game as one of three very different classes – Scout, Archer or Caster.
The game itself takes place on the continent of Terragaya, a mystical land caught between the realms of life and death. There you’ll face off against dangerous foes, solve tricky puzzles and explore every nook and cranny. Below are some key details present in the game:
- Choose Your Class: Unleash the fury of your sword with the scout, summon the wrath of elements with the caster, or rain down arrows on your foes with the archer.
- Gripping Combat: Slash, parry and dodge your way through an ever-evolving roster of enemies, upgrading your skills and equipment to find a combat style that’s perfect for you.
- An Interconnected World: Discover a sprawling handcrafted landscape filled with treasures, tough-as-nails bosses and secret pathways.
- 16-Bit Sensation: Terragaya comes to life with vibrant world-class pixel art packed to the brim with details.
- Smart Moves: Solve environmental puzzles and leap from place to place using an ever-expanding moveset.
Be sure to check out the Souldiers trailer below. And stay tuned to HPP for more news about this promising looking Metroidvania!