Mystical Adventure Beckons!
Good news today for fans of turn-based RPGs. Charlie Oscar, the creator of Gremlins, Inc., is bringing a new game to Steam Early Access next week. It’s called Spire of Sorcery, and it will be available on October 21st. Not only will it include 3 chapters, but also boasts high replayability. Better yet, there’s a development roadmap already in place. Meaning every couple months, you can expect new content to hit this version of Spire of Sorcery.
The game mixes turn-based fare with rogue-lite mechanics and exploration. Explore the vast world of Rund, including the dangerous Wild Lands. Use deck-building to building to cast spells, manage your team and add more powerful members to your cabal. If you want more specific information, please check out the details below:
- Explore the original world of Rund to discover creatures, resources and recipes
- Cast spells, including combos, to affect opponents and trigger environmental effects
- Concoct substances that range from curative to explosive
- Prevail in encounters by combining the effects of spellscasting, alchemy & equipment
- Manage your party, considering mood and personal traits of its members
- Find new party members and increase their stats to reach their true potential
- Taste any resource that you find to modify the looks of your party members
- Collect resources to cook food that may taste great (or horrible)
- Expand the Spire with new rooms that offer new mechanics
- Break into ancient barrows, dispel cursed weepers & battle infection-ridden gigglers
- Resolve mini-stories that pose moral choices, affecting the mood of your party
It all sounds promising, especially if you’re a fan of old school RPGs with modern conventions. Be sure to check Spire of Sorcery out starting next week. And stay tuned to HPP for more RPG news.