Don’t Be a Wise Guy
I’m not always into noir as a genre. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen it done quite like Fallen Aces. It’s a mix of bloody noir mayhem and DOOM styled FPS combat. You punch, kick, shoot and pulverize every gangster in your path. And like most good noir, it’s a tale of revenge, with you setting out to take down one formidable villain.
While it’s true the trailer shown for Fallen Aces today isn’t all that new, the game still looks pretty compelling. It almost strikes me as a super violent Roger Rabbit experience. Or even as Mad World with gangsters. You can read some details for the game below:
- A gritty crime noir saga: spanning three episodes and dozens of levels, featuring fully voiced hand drawn comic cutscenes
- The world is your weapon: use your fists, knives, pipes, trash cans, pistols, Tommy guns and more to take back Switchblade City
- Non linear level design: Choose your path, use stealth, go loud or try a mixture of both
- Hand drawn: 100% original art by Trey Powell brings Switchblade City to life
- Live orchestral OST: Real keys, real brass, real strings. Time to tune up the band, boys!
- Fuggedaboutit!: Hundreds of lines of authentic period era gangster dialogue injects personality into Fallen Aces
If you’re interested in Fallen Aces, the good news is the Steam page says the release date is soon. So hopefully that means late 2021 or early 2022. And if you missed today’s trailer (which inexplicably isn’t available online), you can watch the original reveal trailer below. I feel it’s worth it for the visual flair and voice acting alone.