Whodunnit Meets Howdunnit
Murder mysteries are always a fun affair. All the twists and turns and bloody reveals keep the audience captivated. But when you add the element of time travel, things really get interesting. Which brings us to news today about The Forgotten City. Developed by Modern Storyteller and published by Dear Villagers, the game finally has a release date – July 28th of this year! That’s surely great news for those who game on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Series X|S.
For some more details about The Forgotten City, just read the following:
The Forgotten City is a narrative-driven murder mystery game of exploration and deduction, and a re-imagining of the critically acclaimed mod that won a national Writers’ Guild award and racked up over 3 million downloads.
Trapped in a secret underground city during the Roman Empire, twenty-three lost souls cling to life. In this precarious utopia, if one person breaks the mysterious Golden Rule, everyone dies. Players must relive the city’s final moments in an endless loop, changing the course of the day with each secret they uncover. Combat is an option, but violence will only get them so far. Only by cleverly exploiting the time loop and making difficult moral choices can they hope to unravel this murderous riddle.
- An open-world ancient Roman city with historically authentic art, architecture and costumes
- Richly detailed, deeply interactive characters
- Moral dilemmas which have life-and-death consequences
- A gripping, non-linear mystery with multiple endings
- Choose your own gender, origin and backstory
- Multiple ways to problem-solve, including reason, charm, bribery, intimidation, violence or by cleverly exploiting the time loop
It sounds like a rousing good time. Stick around for the trailer below. And stay tuned to HPP for more news from Dear Villagers!