Xbox and PlayStation versions to follow
Indie studio Alien Pixel Studios has announced that Unbound: Worlds Apart will soon be here
A 2D Metroidvania, Unbound: Worlds apart will have players slipping into the magical robes of Soli, a talented young mage, as they embark on a quest to defeat a ruthless evil that threatens to tear their reality apart at its seams. Along the way, players will need to solve puzzles by making use of various portals and powers. For more details, you can check out the official list of key features below.
- Spellbinding Story – Follow Soli, a young and talented mage on a journey to avenge his village after ruthless malevolent entities begin to tear reality apart. Engage with an intricately crafted narrative, expansive lore and atmospheric universe.
- Gravity-Defying Gameplay – It is your job to battle monsters, unravel mysteries and explore new map areas as you unlock up to 10 different portals and powers – from inverse gravity to time manipulation, super strength and more.
- Compelling Characters – Meet a whole host of characters that play a part in Soli’s story. NPCs will aid you in mastering your portal-summoning abilities as you progress and unlock the mysteries of the worlds apart.
- Enchanting Aesthetics – A dark fairytale presented in gorgeous cartoon-animated style, Unbound: Worlds Apart features beautifully hand-drawn characters, scenery and assets developed in Unreal Engine (one of the few 2D games to do so).
- Mystical Music – Alexey Nechaev, sound designer for Inmost, adds to the fantastical atmosphere of Unbound: Worlds Apart with an other-wordly, original soundtrack.
Unbound: Worlds Apart is slated to release on July 28 for Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam. The game is also slated to release for PlayStation and Xbox consoles, although the specific consoles have yet to be announced.