April’s Community Day is no joke!
The January release of shiny Snivy had many people (myself included!) wondering whether or not the poor Grass-Type Unova starter would ever be its own Community Day. It looks like we didn’t have to wait very long for that answer, though, because this year’s April Community Day will be featuring none other than the Grass Snake Pokémon itself—as well as an extremely generous 3x Stardust bonus to caught Pokémon!
The April Community Day will take place on Sunday, April 11, 2021, and will last from 11 AM to 5 PM local time. Interested in learning more? Check out the official list of key features below!
- Snivy will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Evolve Servine (the Evolution of Snivy) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Serperior that knows the attack Frenzy Plant.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase Community Day Box available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring 50 Ultra Balls, four Star Pieces, four Mossy Lure Modules, and an Elite Charged TM.
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Snivy Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Snivy in the Sunshine.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Snivy in the Sunshine Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- 3x Catch Stardust
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
Community Days are always a cause for celebration, but, if you ask me, any CD that decides to bump up the Stardust multiplier to three times the normal amount is worth celebrating just a little bit more than normal… so long as this isn’t some kind of cruel April Fool’s joke in the making, that is. What are your thoughts on next month’s Community Day? Do you think we’ll be getting Tepig and Oshawott this year as well? Let us know in the comments below!