The Silver Case 2425 brings SUDA51’s gritty murder mysteries to the Switch this Summer
During NGPX, NISA announced that The Silver Case 2425 will release for the Nintendo Switch on July 6, 2021 in North America and July 9 in Europe.
Developed by Goichi Suda’s Grasshopper Manufacture, it contains remakes of the studio’s hard-boiled visual novels The Silver Case and its sequel The 25th Ward: The Silver Case. The collection was first released for the PS4 in Japan in 2018 and ported to the Switch in that territory earlier this year.
Watch the announcement trailer below:
In addition to the standard edition of the game, NISA also announced a Limited Edition version. Available exclusively on the NISA Online Store, the retails for $89.99 and includes the following items:
- The Silver Case 2425 for Nintendo Switch
- “The Artwork of The Silver Case 2425” Hardcover Art Book
- The Silver Case 2425 Complete Soundtrack
- Red, Blue, and Green Comic
- The Silver Case Original Comic
- Kill the Past x Kill the Life Poster
- Collector’s Box
Here’s a rundown and list of key features courtesy of the publisher:
“In The Silver Case, a string of mysterious serial killings plagues the city, and the detectives of the 24 Wards Heinous Crimes Unit have their eyes on one man: Kamui Uehara. This legendary serial killer has assassinated a number of government officials 20 years prior in the now-famous “Silver Case.” However, nobody knows who—or what—Kamui really is. Has he really returned? Who is this infamous serial killer?
The 25th Ward: The Silver Case takes place five years after the events of 1999’s “The Silver Case,” with a new 25th Ward having arisen in the bayside area of Kanto. In a room of the “Bayside Tower Land” apartment complex, a woman is found murdered under mysterious circumstances. This sets off a series of seemingly random events that crosses the paths of several individuals, including detective Morishima Tokio. With all viewpoints assembled, a truly shocking pattern emerges…
- Surreal Salvation: Discover two thrilling crime mysteries from the mind of SUDA51. Explore a dystopian world filled with dark twists and turns to uncover the chilling truth.
- A Sensory Masterpiece: Immerse yourself in the world of Kanto with stylish and shocking art as well as music by renowned composer Masafumi Takada (killer7, Danganronpa, No More Heroes).
- Double Crime, Double Time: Experience The Silver Case and The 25th Ward together on the Nintendo Switch for the very first time, and unravel dark mysteries on the go.”
Will you be diving into this pair of remastered mysteries this July? If you played the original releases, what did you think of them? Sound off in the comments and let us know.