Time for the Curtain Call!
Here’s hoping that you haven’t had your fill of Mary Skelter goodness over the past few years just yet, because Idea Factory announced earlier today, during the New Game Plus Expo 2.0, that Mary Skelter Finale is quickly heading our way.
Just like the name implies, Mary Skelter Finale is not only the third but the final installment within the horror-themed, dungeon-crawler Mary Skelter franchise. Finale‘s story begins unlike the first two, with Jack and his companions already having escaped the living prison known simply as “Jail”. However, rather than salvation, the surface world that they found was just as bad as the one that they left. Thus, with their hope having been thoroughly crushed, Jack and the Blood Maidens went their own separate ways, realizing (and probably not even caring at that point) that they may never see one another again. Interested in learning more? Feel free to check out the list of key features below!
- Zap and Explore – “Zap” between 6 groups of characters to dive deeper into their individual stories and relationships. Doing so will also allow you to coordinate puzzle-solving through dungeons filled with unforgivable traps, hidden gimmicks and treasures.
- Infectious Insects and Cruel Nightmares – During battle, Nightmare larvae known as “Insectmare” may appear! These pests will latch on to a player’s screen, obstruct the view of battle, disable battle commands, and give players negative condition ailments. Seemingly invincible monsters known as Nightmares still lurch through each dungeon floor, so stay sharp!
- Dive in the Depths of the Trilogy – Discover more about the Mary Skelter universe with the help of the three light novels that are included digitally in-game! Will Jack, Alice, and the rest of the crew escape the clutches of a living Jail and live happily ever after?
- Nightmare Déjà vu – Mary Skelter Finale includes all of the event scenes from Mary Skelter: Nightmares and Mary Skelter 2! With the BEFORE STORY option, newcomers can catch up on the story before tackling the series finale, and veterans can sit back and relive the epic story of Mary Skelter!
A limited edition of the game will also be included, and this is one that fans of the series certainly won’t want to miss! It’ll cost you $104.99, but here’s what you’ll be getting in return:
- Mary Skelter Finale Game (Switch or PS4)
- Collector’s Box
- Steel Game Case
- Official Hardcover Art Book
- 3 Disc OST (Includes tracks from the entire Mary Skelter trilogy!)
- Hardcover Novel Box Set (Includes 3 novels!)
- Exclusive Trading Card
Mary Skelter Finale is slated to release for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 this Fall. Are you excited to see the conclusion of the Mary Skelter trilogy? Will you be cozying up with the limited edition novels? Let us know in the comments below!