Get Ready To Climb the Clock Tower
If there’s one genre I’ve grown to like, it’s the rogue genre. But if I had to pair it with another favorite, it would be the twin-stick. The short version is it’s all The Binding of Isaac’s fault. On the plus side, that makes today’s news even more delightful. Dear Villagers, who have published such gems as ScourgeBringer, Old School Musical and Dead in Vinland, are bringing us a new twin-stick rogue-lite. They share a lot of quirky and compelling games with us gamers, and that pattern continues with Revita.
Developed by one man dev BenStar to release on Steam this year, Revita is a tale about climbing a mysterious clock tower, fighting dangerous foes and restoring your lost memories. I’m always impressed by games like this, and that goes double when it’s all by one person. Revita also features wonderful art that’s reminiscent of some of my favorite titles from the SNES era. If you’re still not convinced though, please check out the feature list below:
- Trade Life for Power: Exchange health for power in fast-paced glass cannon gameplay.
- Unique Runs: Battle through an almost infinite variety of combat encounters in procedurally generated rooms.
- Endless Character Builds: Twin stick shooting, dashing and wall sliding are just the beginning – find power-ups and items on each run.
- Tweak Your Game: An extensive set of options lets you tweak Revita to your playstyle – slow down time, set an outline color for enemies to make them easier to track or choose the level of aim assist that feels right for you.
- A Mysterious World: Explore an underground subway line infested with monsters and filled with colorful characters who will help you on your journey.
- Reclaim Lost Memories: A nameless child with no memories awakens in a mysterious clock tower that is connected by a metro system with only a vague sense of purpose, hoping to find answers at the top.
I know I’m intrigued by Revita. If you’re a fan of the rogue and twin-stick genres, or just appreciate the lovely aesthetic, stay tuned for more news about the upcoming game! And in the meantime, don’t miss the sweet trailer below.