Listen to my story about the legendary weapons in FFX
Final Fantasy X has plenty of secrets to uncover, especially after acquiring the beautiful airship, the Fahrenheit. Some of the most tantalizing are easily the Celestial Weapons, recognized as among the most powerful in the entire game. Of course, simply gaining them would be too easy; as it turns out, Yuna and her guardians must also upgrade them before they can be used by way of a mysterious mirror and special crests and sigils. If this sounds complicated, don’t sweat — HeyPoorPlayer has your back! Here’s our complete guide to fully explain how to obtain and upgrade all Celestial Weapons in Final Fantasy X.
The Celestial Weapons in Final Fantasy X are available to collect for each of the seven party members throughout Spira. The Celestial Weapons can be collected on their own, but require a crest and a sigil to upgrade them to their full potential. The Celestial Mirror is also required for upgrading the Celestial Weapons, acting as a tool that unlocks their abilities when used with the corresponding crest or sigil at the giant crystal in Macalania Woods. Until they are upgraded, each Celestial Weapon features the No AP ability; they also cannot be freely modified by the player like other weapons.
Following the naming convention of the seven luminaries, each party member aligns with a corresponding planet from classical antiquity — the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. The party members and their Celestial Weapons and necessary Crests and Sigils are as follows (using North American naming conventions):
- Tidus, whose Japanese name Tiida means “Sun” in Uchinaaguchi, requires the Sun Crest and Sun Sigil for his Celestial Weapon, Caladbolg.
- Yuna, whose name means “Night Flower/Hibiscus” in Uchinaaguchi, requires the Moon Crest and Moon Sigil for her Celestial Weapon, Nirvana.
- Rikku, whose name is speculated to mean “rucksack” in Japanese, requires the Mercury Crest and Mercury Sigil for her Celestial Weapon, Godhand.
- Lulu, whose name is speculated to be a reference to Molulu from FFVI or to mean “famous warrior maiden” in German, requires the Venus Crest and Venus Sigil for her Celestial Weapon, Onion Knight.
- Auron, whose name is speculated to refer to “Aurum Solis, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn,” requires the Mars Crest and Mars Sigil for his Celestial Weapon, Masamune.
- Wakka, whose name means “Water” in Ainu, requires the Jupiter Crest and Jupiter Sigil for his Celestial Weapon, World Champion.
- Kimahri, whose name is speculated to mean “rule/customs” in Japanese, requires the Saturn Crest and Saturn Sigil for his Celestial Weapon, Spirit Lance (Longinus in Japanese/European versions).
Quickly jump to a character here…