Time to get crackin’ and stackin’ all over again!
I’ve been asking myself “if Puyo Puyo Tetris is so good, where’s Puyo Puyo Tetris 2?” for a while now. Okay, well, no, I actually haven’t been doing that. But that doesn’t change the fact that Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 both exists and is now officially out!
Building upon the successful gameplay formula of its predecessor, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 not only brings back everything that fans enjoyed about the first game but includes a fresh Adventure Mode, more playable characters, the brand-new Battle Mode, and more. For more information, you can check out the list of official details below:
- Colorful crossover puzzle play for up to 4 players, online and offline
- Navigate a new overworld map in Adventure Mode and follow the all-new story adventure, as the characters traverse the merged worlds to rescue their pals from a dark corruption
- Replay stages for more rewards, experiment with different difficulty levels, test out your favorite playstyle, and unlock new characters, backgrounds, bonus stages and more
- 28 playable characters, both new and returning, each with their own unique abilities and stats
- Select characters with complementary skills in Skill Battle Mode to strategize and create the most powerful team possible and see how they stack up against your opponents
- Test out your skillset with the new online features, including challenging Puzzle Leagues, or play with up to four players in a variety of customizable matches in Free Play for a more casual experience
- Challenge modes including endless Tetris and Puyo Puyo add still more variety to solo and online play
Also worth noting is the fact that SEGA plans to release a day-one update. It comes with some important information regarding replay data and trophy data, so if you plan on buying this game today then you’d best check out what they have to say down below.
Day 1 Patch & Update Info
“To ensure that all players have the best experience possible when playing Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, there will be a Day One Patch available. Replay data will not carry over when you apply the Day One patch, so we recommend performing the update before you start playing the game. While there is a free upgrade from the PS4 to PS5 version of the game, save and trophy data cannot be carried over.”
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is now available for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. If you’re curious to see how the game stacks up before diving into it, feel free to check out our official review of Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 written by HPP’s own Anthony Pelone who rated the game 4/5, stating “timeless and engaging in its approachable genius, the puzzle game of the generation remains unmatched in its pliable depth.”