Ominous synth music intensifies
Developer Black Seven Studios and DANGEN Entertainment today released a new trailer for Kingdom of Night, their 80’s themed isometric, story-driven, action RPG set to release on PC, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One next year.
The latest trailer for the game showcases several never before seen features of the game, including magic and melee combat, co-op gameplay, the rogue class, new environments, new cutscenes, bosses, and more.
Check it out below:
Here’s a rundown of the game’s story and features courtesy of DANGEN Entertainment:
“One night, in 198X, in the small town of Watford, Arizona, a satanic cult unwittingly summons the ancient evil, Baphomet, catapulting the town into chaos. John, awoken by the kidnapping of his neighbor, sets out into the night to fight back against the demonic invasion and rescue his friends before it’s too late.”
• Combines elements of action RPG and adventure through small town 80’s aesthetic
• Customize John’s abilities with 9 unique classes in three distinct categories: Melee, Magic and Ranged
• Interact with citizens of the neighborhood and engage in a wide array of quests
• Local Co-op Mode allows players to team up with friends
• Nostalgic synthwave soundtrack, featuring one key theme by iconic 80’s movie soundtrack composer, Vince DiCola (ROCKY IV, THE TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE)”
Additionally, DANGEN has announced that the Slacker Backer campaign for the game has kicked off at Fangamer. Backer tiers range from the $25 “Welcome to Watford” tier which nets you a digital copy of the game all the way to the $150 “Neighborhood Watch” bundle, which includes a physical copy of the game, digital soundtrack, a physical copy of the combination artbook/sourcebook, a custom physical Dungeon Master screen, and a set of custom dice.
Those interested in backing the project can do so here.
So, what do you think of the look of Kingdom of Night? Does it make you want to slip on your letterman jacket and beat the guts out of the living dead and other cosmic horrors? If you plan on taking advantage of the Slacker Backer campaign, which tier are you getting? Sound off in the comments section and let us know.