Wedding bells! Cyrus and Reese may not be running a shop in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, but they’re still just as in love as ever, and request your photo wizardry to commemorate their June wedding. From June 1st to June 30th, these Photopia shooting sessions could net you exclusive wedding-themed decor and DIYs, and all you have to do is follow their requests! Through following our guide below, you’ll not only score some extra goodies for your catalog, but fulfill the hopes and dreams of star-crossed alpacas.
Get to Photopia, baby!
The first time you play New Horizons in June, you’ll get a call from Photopia’s Harvey, who urgently requests your presence at his island studio. Zip on over to the airport and fly over to Photopia, where you’ll meet two familiar guests: Cyrus and Reese of Animal Crossing: New Leaf fame; as it turns out, the lovely couple’s celebrating their wedding anniversary, and are seeking the perfect photographer to commemorate their undying love. Who else to take on the job but you? Luckily, Harvey’s got a spare
kitchen room for the three of you, so get moving!
(By the way, ensure you speak to Harvey whenever you visit for further wedding shoots; otherwise, you’ll just enter a normal photo session.)
Setting Up The Shoot
Whenever you begin, Reese’ll request a specific setting — such as, say, the wedding hall, or the reception — alongside the variety of colors adorning the relevant wedding furniture. Said decor’s available via the D-Pad’s down button; initially, you’ll only have a limited set available, but Cyrus’ll forge more furniture as long as you complete further shoots.
However, Reese has a keen eye for perfect weddings. We’ll get into Heart Crystals themselves in the next section, but for now, you’ll want to learn how to properly fulfill her dream shoots. You’ll want to keep two objectives in mind: a) Adhering to the requested settings, and b) Utilizing the requested colors. For the former, using the latest wedding furniture’s typically a safe bet, but you’ll want to reflect carefully on the scenario in question; for instance, what’d better fit a banquet hall: rows of wedding benches or wedding tables loaded with delectable feasts? Don’t forget to adorn that wedding head table with a delicious wedding cake!
As for colors, remember that most of the wedding furniture’s customizable; to do so, just press X on any one item to transform them accordingly. Follow this quick ‘n easy guide below whenever necessary, but remember: the latter two sets come into play *after* the first seven shoots.
- Cute (Pink and White): The default set — no customization necessary.
- Chic (Brown, Beige, and Black): Dark colors all around — a classic feel!
- Garden (Green, Yellow, and Brown): Bright colors with a dash of warm brown.
Speaking of customization, true to Animal Crossing‘s design ethos, you’re free to embellish upon these shoots with any and all furniture. In my case, well, I’ve maaaay’ve gotten a little carried away with potty humor. Hey, she didn’t complain!
— Alagunder (@MrSaturn99) June 8, 2020
Heart Crystals and Rewards
You might be asking, “Okay, but why should I go to such lengths? Can’t I just prop up their wedding shoots with dinosaur fossils?” You certainly could, but then Reese would reward you with less Heart Crystals. As it happens, Cyrus offers exclusive wedding furniture for Heart Crystals, so if you’re filling your catalog or considering forging a wedding cake shrine back home, you’ll want to follow Reese’s directions to scoop up as many crystals as possible! (For reference: the maximum heart crystals you’ll obtain for the first week is 11; after that, it’s 15)
As for the relevant prices, we’ve outlined them below alongside their Bell prices and availability dates:
- Blue Wedding Rug (4 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 1; 375 Bells)
- Wedding Bench (5 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 1; 875 Bells)
- Wedding Decoration (3 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 1; 250 Bells)
- White Wedding Flooring (12 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 1; 750 Bells)
- White Wedding Wall (12 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 1; 437 Bells)
- Wedding Chair (12 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 2; 500 Bells)
- Wedding Table (6 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 2; 1,500 Bells)
- Wedding-Party Wall (12 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 2; 375 Bells)
- Wedding Candle Set (4 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 3; 300 Bells)
- Wedding Flower Stand (4 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 3; 1000 Bells)
- Wedding Cake (5 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 4; 1000 Bells)
- Wedding Head Table (6 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 4; 750 Bells)
- Wedding Pipe Organ (40 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 5; 25,000 Bells)
- Wedding Arch (20 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 6; 5,000 Bells)
- Wedding Welcome Board (5 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 6; 375 Bells)
- Bridal Veil (12 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 7; 1,150 Bells)
- Brown Wedding Flooring (12 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 7; 750 Bells)
- Brown Wedding Wall (12 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 7; 750 Bells)
- Cake Dress (20 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 7; 5,000 Bells)
- Green Wedding Flooring (12 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 7; 750 Bells)
- Green Wedding Wall (12 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 7; 750 Bells)
- Red Wedding Rug (4 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 7; 375 Bells)
- Wedding Pumps (6 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 7; 750 Bells)
- Wedding Shoes (6 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 7; 750 Bells)
- Wedding Tuxedo (20 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 7; 3,000 Bells)
- White Wedding Rug (4 Heart Crystals; Available on Day 7; 375 bells)
And remember: you’ll receive wedding furniture outside of Reese and Cyrus’s Heart Crystal economy; in fact, for the first seven days upon completing their requests, Reese’ll reward you with one new wedding-themed item per day: Wedding Bench, Wedding Table, Wedding Flower Stand, Wedding Head Table, Wedding Pipe Organ, Wedding Arch, and even a Reese & Cyrus Photo Plate! (Of course, if you’re just looking to filling your catalog, you’ll properly want to reserve your Heart Crystals by avoiding these seven items.)
Once you’ve completed one week’s worth of shoots, a pair of DIY prizes await: a wedding fence DIY from Harvey and a special wedding wand from Cyrus!
And that’s a wrap. Feel free to ask any questions in the comments below, but in the meantime, you can check out our Animal Crossing: New Horizons guide hub!