One of the Beautiful Game Elements to Transfer Over to the Final Fantasy VII Remake was its Classical Materia system.
With so many different customization options and settings, it’s a bit difficult to know which Materia to use and level up in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Our guide below is here to detail the most useful Materia to prioritize. Especially, if you are going to attempt a hard mode run, where items cannot be utilized.
- Magnify – Probably the most important Materia in-game, this allows you to cast a spell to all targets. Usually best reserved to link with healing Materia, it can also be used in offensive magic to clear a room full of elementally vulnerable enemies, instantly.
- Elemental – A good Materia for giving your characters elemental attack but also elemental resistance.
- Healing – The only way to heal in hard mode. Arguably, the most important Materia in this mode, as enemies deal a great amount of damage and you’ll be needing to heal often.
- Revival – Only way to revive a character in hard mode without phoenix downs.
- Cleansing – Again, without items, you’re going to need to run a set of three. As this is the only thing that removes status effects.
- HP UP – Again, hard mode bosses can one-hit kill you if you don’t have this.
- Chakra/Pray – This is sort of your last result heal. Needed in hard mode.
- Barrier – This might keep you alive in hard mode.
- First Strike – This helps set the tone of battle as your character gains initial command.
- ATB Boost – This is a free ability or two.
- Auto-Cure – This ability helps keep the party alive letting side character heal.
- AP UP – Straightforward. You just want this to level up Materia faster.