Featuring over 4,000 completely redone assets, Saints Row: The Third Remastered breathes new life into Volition’s 2011 masterpiece on May 22.
Deep Silver today announced that Saints Row: The Third Remastered will be making its way to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on May 22, 2020.
The remake of Volition’s 2011 sandbox title is being developed by Sperasoft, who co-developed Rainbow Six Siege and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey with Ubisoft.
“Every weapon has been remodeled, every car has been redesigned, and a vast proportion of the city has been retextured all sparkly and new with over 4,000 assets updated to match current-gen fidelity,” Deep Silver said in a press release distributed this morning. “Saints Row: The Third Remastered features retextured environments, character models and visual effects, enhanced graphics and a new lighting engine.”
Check out the game’s announcement trailer below:
You can find a full rundown of Saints Row: The Third Remastered and its features below courtesy of Deep Silver:
“Saints Row: The Third Remastered gives you control of the Saints at the height of their power, and you live the life to show for it. This is your city. These are your rules. Remastered with enhanced graphics, Steelport the original city of sin has never looked so good as it drowns in sex, drugs, and guns.
Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks, and Johnny Gat bobblehead dolls all available at a store near you. The Saints are kings of Stilwater, but their celebrity status has not gone unnoticed. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute.
Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate you take the fight to Steelport, a once-proud metropolis reduced to a struggling city of sin under Syndicate control. Take a tank skydiving, call in a satellite-targeted airstrike on a Mexican wrestling gang, and fight against a highly-trained military force by your lonesome in the most outlandish gameplay scenarios ever seen.”
- The Full Package, Remastered – With enhanced graphics, improved lighting, reworked environments, and visual effects, Steelport and The Third Street Saints have never looked so good.
- City of Sin – Disrupt and dismantle the Syndicate stranglehold on weapons, cybercrime, and criminal rackets. Discover the secrets of Steelport, where there is action on every street corner, for better or, more likely, worse.
- Weapons of Crass Destruction – It’s one thing to defeat your enemies. It’s another to humiliate them. Hover jets, human cannonball cars and outrageous melee weapons are all part of the fun.
- Crazy Character Customization – Create the most outlandish characters ever seen, from washed-up celebrities to mask-less ninja pirates. Inside every sinner, there is a Saint. Who will you become?
- Over The Top Co-op – Fly solo or play online with a homie. Give freefall skydiving a try, landing in your partner’s flaming pickup as you make a desperate run toward a heavily armed Syndicate base. Steelport is always more fun with a friend.
- All DLC included – All three expansion packs and more than 30 pieces of DLC from the original version are included in this massive Saints package, all for the low MSRP of $39.99.
So, will you be returning to Steelport to wreak some havoc when Saints Row: The Third Remastered lands on consoles and PC this May? Sound off in the comments and let us know.