Stalker-esque VR title Into The Radius Gives Oculus owners a taste of the apocalypse.
CM Games has announced that their dystopian VR horror title, Into The Radius, is now available on Oculus Early Access.
Initially released on Steam Early Access last November, this early taste of the game allows Oculus Rift and Oculus Quest owners to hunt down artifacts and avoid deadly creatures and strange abnormalities in a haunting open-world environment set in the former Soviet Union. The game is a hardcore, story-driven adventure that allows players to wield weaponry that handles realistically as you explore and attempt to solve the mysteries of the Pechorsk Radius zone.
Check out the Into The Radius – Milestone 4 Update trailer below:
You can find a breakdown of all of the new features found in the game’s Milestone 4 update below courtesy of CM Games:
- Mission map improvements, and a more accurate paper map that marks significant landscape features.
- Improved tactical vest where inventory slots can now accept multiple item types. Mag holsters will now magnet the mag if dropped close enough and the side pouch looks and works more in line with the backpack.
- Improved tutorial.
- Shop prices, gameplay balance, and loot have been tweaked to be more fun. The game will start off with easier versions of fragment monsters, rusted weapons, and equipment to find and loot, along with bigger payouts for artifacts in the shop.
- Added 20+ different cassette tapes hidden all over the game map.
- Player base shop, and feel improvements.
- New backpack model and animations.
- New art for the knife, new art and improved lighting for the flashlight.
- Improved the player’s body, stopping it from getting in the way when the player is crouching or playing seated.
- Fixed bugs in item repair, and with item loss in some cases of death in anomalies.
- Performance improvements with more options to tune performance and visual quality.
Will you be exploring the ruined Soviet wastes in Into The Radius on the Oculus Rift or Quest? Let us know in the comments section.