Hit Japanese Mecha Combat Game now available via Nintendo eShop
Japanese publisher Gametomo announced in Japan yesterday that Project Nimbus Complete Edition, an action packed mecha combat game, is now available for the Nintendo Switch via the eShop for 15.99 GBP, 17,79 EURO, and 19.99 USD with a special 10% discount for the first week to celebrate the launch of the title.
Project Nimbus puts players in the seat of Battle Frames, versatile, giant mech suits that take to the skies to duke it out in battles for earth’s dwindling resources. Taking examples from anime series such as Mobile Suit Gundam and Macross, Project Nimbus looks to take some gameplay elements from games such as Ace Combat and Zone of the Enders as well. The game focuses primarily on aerial combat and high speed maneuvering. The Complete Edition also adds new modes and previously unreleased content as well.
From their press release, Gametomo and Homerun PR laid out the following info bits regarding the game’s key features:
- High-speed battle action, piloting heavily armored Battle Frames through the war torn skies.
- Twenty-six missions in a variety of locations, including floating cities, ocean fortresses, mountain bases, futuristic prisons, and battles in space.
- Over a dozen playable Battle Frames with weapons including smart missiles, energy blades, particle cannons, floating energy shields, railguns and autonomous psychodrones.
- A sprawling storyline with battles between three different factions over a war-torn futuristic planet: the US-led CFN, the Russia-led UCN, and the shadowy terrorist Children of Fallen Nations.
- Complex bosses each with a unique fighting style, including orbiting nuclear battle mechs, bands of deadly pilots, and weaponized flying ships.
- Missiles, rail guns and cannons for long range combat…energy blades and blade rushes for melee!
- Bonus Survival Mode lets you choose from an entire hangar of Battle Frames, and then you must battle endless waves of enemies with increasing power.
- WARFRONT mode includes massive replayability with six unlimited mission modes including Base Defense, Interception, and Assassination. Six levels of pilot (including Legendary) and Battle Frame customization will keep you playing for hours more.
Project Nimbus Complete Edition looks to be quite the treat for mecha enthusiasts, and should prove to be well worth the cost of entry. We just received review code for the game from Homerun PR, and yours truly will be reviewing it. Stay tuned for our review in the near future!