Limited-time launch sale to also occur
Idea Factory International has been teasing the release date of Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force for the Switch for some time now, but it appears as though we finally have a date; January 17!
An updated version of Fairy Fencer F for PlayStation 3 and PC, Advent Dark Force comes with a plethora of new content, including updated graphics, enhanced gameplay mechanics, and all-new (and very lengthy!) alternate story routes. And, what’s more, the Switch version of Advent Dark Force will come with all previously released DLC for free! For more information on gameplay basics, you can check out the list of key features below:
- Skills/Magic – Use your SP to use special attacks, heal HP, or other command buffs to help Fang and the gang through tough battles. Note that some skills require HP to use.
- Items – Utilize items wisely to heal HP/SP, remove status effects, and revive party members that are knocked out.
- Special – Each character possesses their own Special command with unique effects. “Fang’s Serious Face” Special, increases his attack power by 1.5x, while “Pippin’s Persuade,” if successful, will make Pippin attempt to “negotiate” with the enemy and drive them away.
- Switch – This allows players to swap in reserve party members (Have up to 6 party members on the field!)
- Fairize – Once your Tension Gauge reaches a certain level, characters can Fairize, which transforms your characters into powerful beings! During their Fairize state, a character’s attack and defense becomes much stronger. Players, however, must take caution of the Tension Gauge as characters will be forced out of the Fairize state once the gauge gets too low.
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force will be available on the Nintendo Switch on January 17 for $39.99, and will be on sale for 20% for the first two weeks. Are you eager to embark on this Fury-collecting, world-saving adventure yourself? Let us know in the comments below!