Do opposites really attract?
Developer Moondrop and publisher Modus Games have announced that their co-op platformer Degrees of Separation will be releasing next year, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Featuring a story by acclaimed writer Chris Avellone (Planescape: Torment, Baulder’s Gate: Dark Alliance, and Neverwinter Nights 2), Degrees of Separation will have players teaming up to guide dual protagonists Ember and Rime through a unique and non-linear, level-based storyline while making use of their ability to heat up or cool down their surroundings. Players will need to utilize both the skill sets of Ember and Rime and their own teamwork abilities as they solve puzzles and overcome obstacles that attempt to block their way. For more information, check out a list of key features below:
- 2D Adventure Platforming. Experience beautifully crafted 2D worlds with a deeply immersive art style based on the aspects of contrasting temperatures.
- Innovative Storytelling. Discover the potential of dual protagonists Ember and Rime and follow a complex story by acclaimed video game writer Chris Avellone.
- Environmental Puzzles. Navigate distinct worlds and solve complex puzzles to organically alter situations and surroundings.
- Cooperative Gameplay. Harness the powers of Ember and Rime in both single-player and cooperative multiplayer to interact with the environment in a variety of ways, both separately and as a team.
- Non-Linear Levels. Traverse through diverse landscapes that each introduce a new game mechanic, weaving together gameplay, narrative, and character progression.
Degrees of Separation will be releasing on February 14, 2019, for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. Will you and a fellow play be embarking on this journey when it comes out? Let us know in the comments below!