Re-live The Bard’s Tale trilogy like never before!
Developer inXile Entertainment has announced that The Bard’s Tale Trilogy will be releasing later this month.
A complete remaster of the iconic The Bard’s Tale games, The Bard’s Tale Trilogy features all of the classic RPG action that you’ve come to expect from the series, alongside updated graphics and optional quality-of-life features. For more information, check out the list of key features below:
- Remasters of all three original The Bard’s Tale games. The first volume, Tales of the Unknown, is available at launch, with The Destiny Knight (Fall 2018) and Thief of Fate (Winter 2018) arriving later in the year.
- A uniform playing experience across all three titles without the need for emulation or compatibility concerns.
- Create a party in the first volume and play it across all three volumes to create a heroic narrative all your own.
- For the first time, play as male or female across all three games. Also includes other quality-of-life changes such as automapping for all three games, spell access, and updated equipment/inventory management.
- Updated art that holds true to the spirit of the originals, featuring never-before-used character art by series creator Michael Cranford!
- An opportunity for new players to experience the events that led to The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep and The Mage’s Tale!
- The final content to be released will be a Legacy Mode, a set of options which allows players to make the titles play similarly to the 1980s originals… with all the challenge that entails!
“If archaeology and game development had a baby, it would be this project,” said Krome Head of Development Lindsay Parmenter. “By studying the code across different versions of the game, we were able to piece together developer intent and recreate it. Of course, having access to some of the original team members helped, too!”
The Bard’s Tale Trilogy, featuring Tales of the Unkown, is slated to release on August 14, with The Destiny Knight and Thief of Fate slated to release in Fall and Winter 2018 respectively. Are you ready to delve back into some classic PC RPG gaming? Let us know in the comments below!