Offer to last for an entire year
After quite a bit of work, indie developer Snowcastle Games has finally released EARTHLOCK, a complete and total re-haul of their 2016 fantasy RPG Earthlock: Festival of Magic, and has announced that any and all owners of the previous version are eligible for a free upgrade. However, there’s a bit of work involved for those actually interested.
Those who purchased a digital copy of Festival of Magic are free to download EARTHLOCK at any time (unless you own an EU PS4 digital copy, in which case you’re out of luck). Those with physical copies, however, must physically mail their game the Snowcastle Games studio. You can find a step-by-step guide on how to do so below:
- Write your email address on a piece of paper.
- Write on the same paper if you want a digital key for Steam, PS4 (North America) or Xbox One.
- Put the paper with your email address in an envelope.
- Put the Earthlock: Festival of Magic disc in an envelope.
- Send it to our office (Snowcastle Games, Dronningens gate 16, 0152 Oslo, Norway)
- Be patient and eventually you will receive an email with a new game key.
Addmitedly, this whole process is kind of weird. There is, however, a valid reason for why things need to be done in the way that they do.
“We understand that it’s a bit of a hassle, but console manufacturers can only offer us new codes if we provide physical proof that the discs have been collected and destroyed,” said Snowcastle Games CEO Bendik Stang. “This will give us a lot of manual work, and it is a pity to waste all those lovely discs, but at least we treat all our customers the same.”
EARTHLOCK is now available digitally on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via steam. Are you looking forward to playing the new and improved version of this game? For you collectors out there, are you willing to give up your physical copy? Let us know in the comments below!