Standard versions also on their way
Publisher BadLand Games has announced the official release of Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition today.
Axiom Verge is a Metroidvania platformer developed by Thomas Happ. The game follows the perilous exploits of a scientist named Trace who, after an accident in his lab, finds himself trapped in the alien world of Sudra. Knowing little beyond the world’s name, Trace then sets off to discover uncover the secrets of Sudra — and defeat whatever monsters may block his path. The game’s key features include:
- Wide non-linear exploration of multiple labyrinthic and interconnected areas.
- Lots of unique tools and skills, weapons, and health enhancement packages, power and attributes.
- Fight against a multitude of unique creatures and final bosses.
- Glitches in the game allow you to break the barriers of normal gameplay.
- Speedrun Mode: Play with a simplified interface and additional features.
The Multiverse Edition is a special, physical release of Axiom Verge, and will include a 32-page art book, a double-sided poster, a “making of” blu-ray video produced by 2 Player Productions featuring five hours of footage, and a physical copy of Axiom Verge. Additionally, those who purchase the Nintendo Switch version will also receive an audio CD featuring 18 chip-tune tracks.
Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition is now available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Vita in Europe, the Middle East, East Asia, and Australia. A Wii U version is on its way as well. Have you ever played Axiom Verge yourself? Will you be picking up the Multiverse Edition? Let us know in the comments below!