There’s so much to discover in Tangledeep.
Indie developer Impact Gameworks has announced that their 16-bit inspired dungeon crawler, Tangledeep, is officially exiting early access and has a release date of February 1st on Steam for Windows, Mac, and Linux, available for the Nintendo Switch in Q2 of 2018. Tangledeep is a dungeon crawler that hearkens back to the golden era of RPGs, inspired by classics like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana. With procedurally generated maps, players can make their own way through the labyrinthine dungeons using the character job creation and tons of unique equipment.
The soundtrack, created by Tangledeep‘s programmer and designer Andrew “zircon” Aversa, is styled similarly. It has both retro, SNES-era music as well as the orchestration of live instruments. Guest contributors include composers Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3) and Grant Kirkhope (Banjo-Kazooie, Norihiko Hibino). The soundtrack will be included with the deluxe edition, available on launch.
Key features from Impact Gameworks include:
- Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated and handcrafted gameplay as you fight challenging monsters, complete quests, and collect rare items
- Master deep, tactical turn-based combat across 12 unique job classes with over 100 skills
- Choose between three game modes – including Adventure Mode, which removes the pain of permadeath
- Share progress between characters by using the banking system, planting magic trees, or capturing and raising monsters in the Monster Corral
- Venture into ITEM DREAMS, randomized mini-dungeons where anything goes
- Relax to a beautiful soundtrack composed by award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – joined by industry legends Hiroki Kikuta, Grant Kirkhope, and Norihiko Hibino
- Play with virtually any controller and remap any control, use old-school keyboard-only support, or play using just the mouse
- Unlock Steam Achievements and craft Badges for gorgeous hand-drawn wallpapers and emotes