A Real One-Two Punch of New Content
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, an updated version of the latest entry in the Street Fighter series, is now available in stores and for download on PlayStation 4 and Steam.
Since the original release of Street Fighter V in February 2016, multiple DLC have been released, including new characters and new fight modes, like Cinematic Story Mode and Versus CPU mode. Arcade Edition will allow access to the core content of the original game as well as these DLC for MSRP $39.99.
There are a host of new fight modes and balance updates that come with Arcade Edition that will also be made available to owners of the original game via an update.
New content available with the release of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition includes:
- Arcade Mode– Players can fight through six different story paths, each representing a main Street Fighter title. Each distinct path will stay true to the representation of fighters found in those games or will appropriately represent the player character. Upon finishing each path, players will gain access to one of 200 custom illustrations.
- Second V-Triggers for all characters– All current and upcoming characters will receive a second V-trigger option.
- Team Battle Mode– A brand new mode allowing for two local teams of up to five characters to battle one another. There are two options for this mode: Elimination and Best of Series. Several preference settings allow players to tweak the rules for these matches.
- Extra Battle Mode– Players can complete special event fights in order to gain Fight Money, Experience Points and unique fighter costumes.
- Special Challenges– These challenges, scattered throughout the year, grant players special titles upon completion.
- The game will also feature a Gallery to view unlockable illustrations, Sound to listen to background music and character themes, a redesigned UI and 3D costume previews.
Alongside this release, Sakura will be the first of the Season 3 DLC charcaters available for download. More characters, including Sagat, Cody, Blanka and newcomers Falke and G, will be released throughout the year. These characters can be earned without the use of real-world money by completing in-game challenges and receiving Fight Money.
Whether players have been playing Street Fighter V since its original release or have picked up a new copy of Arcade Edition, all fighters will be in the same online player pool. This game will continue to support cross-platform play between PC and PS4.