Pick out some of Japan’s greatest PlayStation hits this week.
Golden Week—a period of holidays clumped between April 29th and May 5th—marks a celebrated time of year for Japan’s students, a time where they can take a break from school life and enjoy the spring’s natural beauty. To celebrate, PlayStation is holding a sale on video games. Sales include popular JRPGs, fighting games, visual novels, and other anime-inspired staples. This is a great sale for Vita owners, since many of these titles are exclusive to the Sony handheld. Check out my list of some of best sales for Golden Week on offer below:
- 65% off Catherine
- 50% off Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
- 60% off Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- 30% off Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (Read our review here)
- 30% off Dragon Quest Builders
- 30% off Final Fantasy XV (Read our review here)
- 30% off Gravity Rush 2
- 50% off Muramasa Rebirth Complete Collection
- 25% off NieR: Automata – Day One Edition
- 40% off Odin’s Sphere Leifthrasir (Read our review here)
- 60% off Persona 4 Golden
- 30% off Persona 4: Dancing All Night (Read our review here)
- 75% off Steins;Gate
- 50% off Steins;Gate 0 (Read our review here)
- 30% off Tales of Berseria (Read our review here)
- 40% off Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
If you’ve been hearing fanfare about the newly-released Persona 5 but haven’t played prior entries in the series, I’d highly recommend picking up Persona 4 Golden. It’s an absolute steal at only $11.99 for Golden Week, featuring one of the most lovable casts of characters in gaming and a highly addicting social sim. Persona 5 only improves on its predecessor’s formula, opting for hand-crafted dungeons, improved UI, and vastly superior character models. You can check out Francis’s stellar review here.
This year’s Golden Week sale ends on May 9th.