Valkyria Revolution will be fighting the good fight later this year
SEGA has officially announced today that Valkyria Revolution will be launching later this year in June.
The latest in the Valkyria series takes place in the beginnings of a revolution, with Jutland’s elite soldiers, the Vanargand once again taking up arms in order to take down the Ruzi Empire and stop the Valkyria. The Vanargand is well equipped to deal with Valkyria, boasting an impressive array of advanced mana weaponry as well as the ability to cast ragnite spells in order to stop the oncoming threat. Princess Ophelia, one of Jutland’s own royalty, has joined in combat this time around as, determined to do what she can in order to liberate those being oppressed by Ruzi’s tyrannical reign. Vanargand Commanding Officer Amleth Grønkjær, meanwhile, is holding a dark secret. Is his aim truly to support the country that he swore to protect? Only time will tell.
For a more detailed look at what Valkyria Revolution has to offer, check out the list of key features below:
- A Brush with Death – Turning the tide of battle in Valkyria Revolution is Brunhilde, an ancient and powerful Valkyria, a fearsome being with near limitless power. She’s bound by oath to the enemy forces, and players will have to discover how to defeat the incarnation of death itself.
- Prepare for Battle – Valkyria Revolution has a brand new battle system that mixes real-time combat and tactical strategy. Players can take control of the battlefield using brazen combos or cunning tactics. Finding a balance between them is the key to excelling in skirmishes.
- The Ingenuity of War – Through adversity comes great engineering, and with a besieged homeland, players will be able to upgrade their existing weapons through branching customization paths with ragnite.
- A New Painterly Look – Valkyria Revolution has a refined look thanks to the new GOUACHE rendering engine, giving the graphics a unique canvas texture.
- Classic Composer – Valkyria Revolution has a vibrant and dramatic soundtrack by the incredibly talented composer Yasunori Mitsuda, who is known for his work on Chrono Trigger and Stella Glow.
SEGA has also confirmed the Valkyria Revolution Vanargand Edition for the Americas. Included with pre-orders and, for a limited time, launch copies of Revolution, the Vanargand Edition comes with a Vanargand Coat of Arms pin, a 12-track OST composed by Yasunori Mitsuda, and a special collector’s box. European pre-orders and launch versions of Revolution will come with the 12-track OST.
Valkyria Revolution is slated to release in the Americas on June 27, and in Europe on June 30. Will you be taking up arms against the Ruzi Empire? Let us know in the comments below!