The Blue Bomber makes his smart phone debut with the Mega Man Mobile series, releasing next month.
Are you ready to take some of the 8-bit era’s most memorable experiences on the go? Capcom Mobile today announced plans to release the six original 8-bit Mega Man games on both iOS and Android devices in early January. This release will mark the first time all six of the original 8-bit Mega Man games have been made available on mobile devices, releasing just weeks from the 29th anniversary since Mega Man first made his way to the NES.
The Mega Man Mobile releases will include:
- Mega Man Mobile – The evil Dr. Wily must be stopped in this classic action platformer, the original Mega Man!
- Mega Man 2 Mobile – Dr. Wily resurfaces to threaten the world again! Only Mega Man can stand in his way. ·
- Mega Man 3 Mobile – Fight berserk robots on uncharted planets. Mega Man must set a course for space to resolve this mysterious crisis.
- Mega Man 4 Mobile – A year has passed since Mega Man’s battle in space. A new enemy appears – Dr. Cossack.
- Mega Man 5 Mobile – Manic robots cause chaos in the city. How is Proto Man involved? Only Mega Man can find out!
- Mega Man 6 Mobile – The Global Robot Alliance is formed, but this newfound peace is threatened by a new foe – the enigmatic Mr. X!
According to Capcom, each of these Mega Man Mobile adaptations has been optimized for smart devices with adjustments to game speed. Each game will be available separately for $1.99.
Only time will tell if these games will be playable on a touch screen, but I have to confess I’m having doubts.
So, will you be picking up any of these games when they release next month? Be sure to sound off in the comments section and tell us your favorite NES Mega Man game.