War for the Overworld, a strategy game in the vein of Dungeon Keeper, has gotten its new update.
War for the Overworld, the highly-praised dungeon management game with a dark sense of humour, throws down a festive gauntlet with the release of a free Christmas double-update today. The combined Crucible DLC and Patch 1.5 ‘Trial by Fire’ bring new modes, maps and units to all those who own the War for the Overworld base game. You can check out the new trailer for the update below.
War for the Overworld‘s new update is set to have a number of features, including:
- New survival mode Crucible DLC – Battle wave after wave of ever-stronger enemies
- New leaderboards – Rise up the global rankings
- New units – Face-off against Democorns and the mighty Chunder King himself, Baron von Pukemuch
- New unlockables – Win three new Worker skins in Crucible mode
- New maps – Six new dungeons exclusively for the new Crucible mode
- New mutators – Over a dozen Skirmish, Sandbox and Multiplayer mode customisations
- New voiceover throughout – The delectably despicable Richard Ridings returns
- New community translation support on the Steam Workshop
Developed by Brighton, UK-based Brightrock Games, War for the Overworld is a dungeon management game with a dark sense of humour. Players build their very own dungeon with unique rooms, deadly traps and despicable minions. Facing-off against goodly heroes and vicious rival Underlords, players seek to conquer the realm of Kairos across a number of game modes, including Campaign, Skirmish, Sandbox and Multiplayer. War for the Overworld has a number of features, including:
- Carve out your dungeon – design its layout and create an underground fortress filled with a wide variety of rooms, traps and minions.
- Play as an Underlord who has woken from a deep slumber, as you confront both heroes and rival Underlords across single and multiplayer game modes, including a fully voice-acted campaign.
- Choose from over 60 rooms, spells, potions, rituals, defences and constructs in the Veins of Evil as you advance through the game.
- Create entirely new levels in the Map Editor and share them with other players via the Steam Workshop.
- Available for PC, Mac and Linux.