Critical Forge have unveiled a pre-alpha demo for their RPG Forged Of Blood.
After pushing the studio to the limit, Critical Forge debuted a pre-alpha demo for Forged of Blood with hotseat gameplay functionality at Game Prime Asia 2016 in Jakarta on November 29 – 30. The build featured two weapons (out of nine) and four pre-defined characters of varying builds set at the same level. Players were able to choose their party composition in a 3v3 match against the developers, and use the varying build combinations strategically.
By the end of the event, the sparsely decorated Critical Forge booth had attracted long lines of challengers waiting for a chance to try the game. Over the course of the two day event, over 400 visitors queued up to be one of the lucky 94 challengers to try Forged of Blood, and of that, 17 challengers managed to overcome the devs to win themselves some sweet loot.
Forged of Blood is set to have a number of features, including:
- Tactical Fantasy: Take to the field with sword and shield or cast powerful spells in deep turn-based tactical combat against monsters and men.
- Classless Warfare: With 9 unique weapons and a vast magic system, Forged of Blood lets you build your characters any way you want – without being constrained by the typical tank/DPS/healer roles.
- Science in Magic: Explore the freedom and mysteries of one of the most complex and unique magic systems ever attempted in video games.
- Kingdom at War: Command up to three parties of heroic characters on the strategic layer in your fight to reclaim the empire you lost.
- Meaningful Choice: Your choices matter. From character building to your choices in the game narrative, your decisions will reverberate across the Strategic and Tactical layers of the game.
- Your ends; your means: In a world of grays and unique perspectives, it is up to you to decide what is “right” and “wrong” for the future of Attiras. Forged of Blood will introduce a new Tri-Axis Personality Plot (TAPP) system in lieu of the traditional Good vs. Evil scale common in most RPG settings.