Corpse Party 3DS may be haunting handhelds this October
The 3DS port of Team GrisGris’ Corpse Party was originally slated to be released tomorrow, August 30 following its unveiling earlier this year. Well, it looks like handheld horror aficionados will have to wait a bit longer to step into the haunted halls of Kisaragi Academy, as retailers Amazon and GameStop now show a projected release date of October 4, 2016 for the title. While it’s a bit disappointing we won’t be spending the last days of our summer exploring the derelict halls of the doomed school the game, which is being published by XSEED Gamesm we can’t think of a better time to experience this nightmarish adventure than just before Halloween.
You can find Amazon’s listing for Corpse Party: Back to School Edition here.
The Corpse Party: Back to School Edition is priced at $49.99 and includes the following items:
- ‘Back to School’ edition includes game, two 2.5” tall figurines, and soundtrack CD; figurines have interchangeable arms and faces, and are considered choking hazards – NOT meant for small children
- Retro-Style Graphics Enhance Atmosphere – 16-bit-style 2D visuals create an intentional disconnect, leading players to envision far worse things than the most powerful next-gen system can display
- Adventure-Style Gameplay Where Your Decisions Make the Difference – players have the freedom to explore Heavenly Host Elementary School, altering the course of the story and its final conclusion
- Chapter-Based Storytelling – Four new Extra Chapters, providing insight into previously unexplained plot elements and characters who’ve never gotten their fair share of screen time
- Exclusive Bonus Content Mixed with Fan-Favorite Features – Exclusive to this version are 3D art stills, arranged music tracks, redrawn high-resolution character sprites, and much more
So, do you plan on picking up Corpse Party when it lands on the 3DS, presumably later this fall? Be sure to sound off in the comments section and let us know.