Year of the Zodiac Age
If you look back fondly on Final Fantasy XII and are itching to get back to the world of Ivalice, you’ll be pleased to know that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is coming out for the Playstation 4. For the first time, western audiences can enjoy an HD remaster of the classic FFXII, now including the 12-job character progression system originally introduced in the 2007 title: Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age advertises the following key features:
· Latest-generation high-definition graphical capabilities, including characters and movie scenes fully remastered in high-definition.
· True 7.1 surround sound, including high-definition voicing and newly recorded background music utilizing the current generation of sound production.
· Option to switch between the original and the newly remastered soundtrack.
· New trial mode where players can take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 successive battles
· Modern gameplay advancements including PlayStation 4 trophy support and share functionalities, auto-save and shortened loading times
· An endless amount of gameplay and adventure including hunts, battles, and mini-games
For those unfamiliar with Final Fantasy XII; the game takes place in the world of Ivalice, where the country of Dalmasca has been conquered by a militaristic empire. Princess Ashe – the only remaining heir to the throne of Dalmasca – looks to free her country from its oppressors’ harsh yoke. Along her way, she meets Vaan, a perky youth who lost his family during the war and longs to have his own airship and explore the world. Together, they find other unlikely allies and embark on a truly epic quest that spans over 80 hours – at least when you complete every monster hunt, and explore every dungeon.
Those who are attending E3 can get hands-on experience with the brand-new remaster at the Square Enix booth. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be coming to PS4 in 2017. Check out the announcement trailer below!