Hitman is about to get more exciting with the introduction of an Elusive Target starting tomorrow
Square Enix Today announced that tomorrow will see the first Elusive Target appear in Hitman. Elusive Targets are part of the live content being published for the game in-between episodes and represent a new game mode debuting for players. The Elusive Targets are specially crafted, unique targets, which come with particular rules:
- An Elusive Target is a once in a lifetime experience
- They are available for a limited time only in game – this first Elusive Target will last 48 hours
- Intel on the target will be limited
- They will not appear in instinct mode, or the mini map and their locations will not be revealed to you – you’ll have to go and find them
- Plan accordingly before you engage your target
- Your target can only die once
- If you die during the mission, that’s it
- When the time runs out, they are gone for good
- If you fail, there are no second chances
While the publisher is giving us a heads-up regarding the latest hunt, the Elusive Target may come as a bit of a surprise.
“As this is the first Elusive Target we wanted to let players know in advance, however there may not be so much warning next time so keep your ears close to the ground, visit the forums or follow HITMAN on social media to ensure you don’t miss out – bon chance.”
Developed by IO-Interactive, Hitman is now available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Hitman’s second Episode, Sapienza, released last month. We scored the episode a 4.5 out of 5 in our review, saying “While Hitman Episode 2 – Sapienza doesn’t completely address some of the admittedly minor missteps of the series’ debut chapter, it still manages to deliver an exceptional experience that rivals some of the best missions in the Hitman’s history. With a densely-packed playground to experiment with as you pick off your targets and complete the episode’s numerous challenges, it’s easy to imagine this chapter keeping fans busy until the next episode releases in May.”