Codemasters’ DiRT Rally burns rubber on Early Access, runs laps around the competition with wealth of content
DiRT Rally is now available on Steam Early Access, developer Codemasters announced today.
Launching with a respectable 17 classic and current cars, along with 36 tracks in various real-world environments to test your racing mettle. Developer Codemasters will also be adding regular free updates, bolstering the number of rally cars, tracks, and game modes over the course of the game’s development.
DiRT Rally currently boasts the following features:
17 CARS OVER 6 NEW AND CLASSIC CLASSES – Including BMW M3 Evo; Audi Quattro S1; Lancia Delta HF Integrale and Subaru Impreza
· DIVERSE LOCALES – 36 challenging stages set across Hafren, Wales; Monte Carlo, Monaco and Argolis, Greece
· TEAM MANAGEMENT – Hire up to four engineering staff to work on your car between stages
· RALLY ASYNC – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world without the need to be online at the same time
· RALLY SEASONS – Compete in a succession of events with the aim of gaining promotion to the next rung on the driving ladder
· CUSTOM RALLY EVENTS – Take any car on any track and configure and compete in single or multi-stage events against the AI’s times
· UPGRADES – Unlock the full potential of your car with meaningful improvements to its handling and performance
· TUNING – Tweak your car set-up based on car, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
· PHYSICS-BASED ASSISTS – DiRT Rally allows players to experience cars in their purest form. It also offers a selection of real world assists similar to those seen in race and road vehicles as traction control and ABS
· DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with a comprehensive and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available
Those looking to get an early taste of DiRT Rally can download the Early Access version now on Steam for $34.99.
Check out DiRt Rally’s launch screens in the gallery below: