Atlus heard you like dungeons, so they put free dungeons in your dungeons!
When the twisting corridors of Etrian Mystery Dungeon open their gates on April 7th, treasure hunters who hop on from day one get a treasure chest of free goodies. This offer lasts from the game’s release until May 5th, and includes 5 free DLC quests containing multiple episodes. The DLC will all still be available after that point, but with a usual DLC pay bump.
Downloadable adventures numbers one through three send you off to find wayward travellers. Each rescuee will give you a recipe to bring to Niralda in the games Amber Cafe. Niralda is an excellent cook, and will gladly make you some delicious meals with buff effects that will last you well into your next adventure.
These first three packs include:
- Find a Wanderer for me! Find the master chef Wanderer to unlock three new recipes for the Amber Restaurant! ($1.49)
- Find a Princess for me! Find the stray Sovereign to unlock a meal fit for a king in the Amber Restaurant! ($1.99)
- Find a Landsknecht for me! Find the adventurous Landsknecht to unlock three new recipes for the Amber Restaurant! ($1.49)
Two more free adventures are repeatable, and also let Niralda into the mix. They include:
- Know the Red Pookas? Slay a Red Pooka wandering around the dungeon to receive a Golden or White potion for extra experience! ($1.99)
- Slay the Gold Guardian! Defeat an elusive Gold Guardian in the dungeon to receive a Nugget of Gold fragment for extra gold! ($1.49)
Remember, those prices only kick in after May 5th. Until then, they’re on the house! On the dungeon? Ah well, you get the idea.
For those pumped for some wayward procedural adventure in Etria, and eager to pick up anything related regardless of whether the game is even out yet, luck is on your side! An Ertian Mystery Dungeon-themed 3DS menu theme is dropping on March 31st, a week before the game’s release. This theme includes hand drawn, 3D-enabled art, the Etrian Mystery Dungeon theme song, and custom folders, and costs 99 cents.
Etrian Mystery Dungeon is a sprawling spinoff in the Etrian universe, with procedurally-generated dungeons and a host of classes to lead into adventure. Check it out when it hits 3DS on April 6th.