Stardock Entertainment Drops a Ton of New Content in Sorcerer King’s Beta 4 Update
Stardock’s Sorcerer King is moving one big step closer to leaving the land of Steam Early Access to the land of full release with the addition of the Beta 4 update that dropped today. This will not be the last beta update before launch though Stardock noted on their dev blog saying that Beta 5 will be a thing. According to Stardock Sorcerer King does still seem to be on track for an full release by early spring which is just around the corner.
Some of the highlights of this update include:
- Enchantment system – Customize your items with elemental attacks, mana drains, impenetrable defenses, and more
- Hundreds of new quests – Thanks to the folks who signed on to help implement quests, there are 400+ new ones to explore
- Tinkerer sovereign – Unlock the full potential of the crafting and enchantment systems with the final premade sovereign
- Custom sovereigns – Mix and match abilities, heroes, spellbooks, and skilltrees into your ideal avatar
- Graphical overhaul – New forests and chasms, much improved lighting, and tons of animations and effects
Recently Hey Poor Player’s Adam Foster covered this game in a preview piece where he talked about the details of Sorcerer King is all about and his time playing the game in it’s Beta 3 build. However he isn’t the only one us here at HPP that has been playing this one. I have also sunk quite a bit of my time into this one and personally speaking the huge amount of new features and fixes that have been added really have me pretty darn excited.
Stardock Entertainment’s Sorcerer King is available right now as Early Access game on Steam and you can grab it for $39.99.