Team Meat has begun its preparations for an all you can eat buffet of gaming madness with Super Meat Boy Forever
You may know that the dynamic duo Team Meat has had a new project in the works titled Mew-Genics. While many have been eagerly awaiting the release of the mad science-themed cat breeding simulator, it seems as though fans will have to wait a bit longer. The reason? A new Super Meat Boy Game for both Steam and mobile devices; Super Meat Boy Forever.
Team Meat has taken it upon themselves to create a mobile game that can be taken seriously. They aim for a game that is “simple yet intuitive”, as well as a game that will not be limited by iffy touch screen controls. Not much is known so far about Super Meat Boy Forever, but several statements about the game have been released by Team Meat and can be read below.
– SMB:F will release sometime next year for phones, tablets and steam. (possibly others but this is all we have set in stone right now)
– SMB:F will feature a full story, 6 chapters, and double the bosses the original game featured.
– SMB:F is not an endless runner, but will feature an endless mode with online high scores and daily runs.
– SMB:F will feature a full fledged dark world featuring dark warp zones, bosses, new playable indie game characters and more.
– SMB:F will feature a vast randomly generated level structure that ensures a totally new play experience with each death.
– SMB:F is only 2 months into development, but as you can see things are moving pretty fast.
Mew-Genics is still on the table and is planned for an eventual release. The release date for the game is currently unknown but will supposedly be released after Super Meat Boy Forever, which is scheduled to come out “sometime” next year.