So as Steam Summer Sale was on it’s last full day 8,020,872 players were counted on Steam’s peak concurrent user list. So June, 29th 2014 will now be known as the first time the peak number has risen above 8 million. Much of this traffic was more than likely generated because of the hype that gets bigger and bigger every year about their great big summer sale and all of us that looking for that perfect price on a game we may have forgot that we really NEEDED.
How many games did you end purchasing? I will not even tell you how many I grabbed because you wouldn’t believe me if I did tell you.
The list of the top ten games to peak during this record breaking day were:
- DOTA 2 with 775,279
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive with 163,421
- Team Fortress 2 with 78,227
- Sid Meier’s Civilization 5 with 73,866
- Football Manager 2014 with 71,083
- Garry’s Mod with 64,383
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with 64,281
- Payday 2 with 63,814
- Borderlands 2 with 34,020
- Counter-Strike with 31,730
Here was a capture from the Steam site I grabbed that showed the last 48 hours of concurrent users and this was last Updated: Jun 29, 2014 – 11:59 PM