Menu

What game have you beaten more than any other?

Home Forum Video Games? What game have you beaten more than any other?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Delano Cuzzucoli Delano Cuzzucoli 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Francis DiPersio
    Keymaster

After digging myself out of a pile of review assignments today I found myself wondering which games I’ve managed to play through the most times over the years. Without question, I’d have to say that the game I’ve managed to clear from start to finish more than any other is Streets of Rage 2. I’ve easily beaten that game hundreds of times on each of its difficulty modes, and to this day I still think it’s as good as it was when it released back in 1992.

Funny enough, while it’s easy to plow through a beat ’em up in no time flat, I think runner up would be a substantially meatier experience – Shining Force II. By far my favorite RPG of all time, I’ve played through the main story at least a dozen times, and I’d gladly do so again without any hesitation. It’s a game that’s aged like fine wine, and I just can’t get enough of that classic Sega charm.

So, what games have you all played through the most?

derkasan
    Participant

Mine would probably be Sonic 3. Back when I got it at launch, I played through it almost every week. When Sonic & Knuckles came out, I played through all of that too. I’d always get all of the super emeralds every playthrough too.

Good times.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  derkasan.
    Joanna Mueller
    Joanna Mueller
    Keymaster

Mass Effect. This is the first year that I didn’t manage to play through the full series.

Delano Cuzzucoli
    Delano Cuzzucoli
    Participant

Streets of Rage 2 is a good choice, Frankie baby. Tell me, did you ever play the re-release on 3DS? It’s the definitive version, and great for on-the-go gaming.

My personal “beaten-countless-times” game is… Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I can’t imagine how many times I played through, as all the characters, with all the emeralds. I can pretty much navigate the maps in my sleep. And I still visit it from time to time.

A mate of mine has this thing were he plays through Mario 3 at least once a year, every year. None of the remakes or even revisions: the original v1.0 on NES. He considers it “purifying”. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.